BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Twist Master
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
** For All You Heli Coppter / Aircraft Enthusists.
Here Are Picture's From ** Heli Expo 2006 ** Down In Dallas Texas From Last Weekend !!

·
Twist Master
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
** Hai **

REVELATIONS said:
Did you happen to see an ACRO/Helipro booth down there?

Is this related to HAI ?

YES I WAS AT THE ** ACRO -HELI PRO ** BOOTH SEVERAL TIME'S AND KNOW A LOT OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE !!
WAS A GREAT SHOW THE LARGEST ** HAI ** SO FAR !!

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Who do you know at ACRO? (upper management?)

I understand that ACRO went through some tough times in the last little while, I wonder how they are doing.

·
Twist Master
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
** Shop Guy's **

REVELATIONS said:
Who do you know at ACRO? (upper management?)

I understand that ACRO went through some tough times in the last little while, I wonder how they are doing.
I MOSTLY KNOW THE SHOP PERSONAL , ON THR REWORKS SIDE !!
DON'T WANT TO POST THERE NAME'S AND I ALSO KNOW THE SALE'S PEOPLE,
ONE OF THERE SENIOR STORE'S PEOPLE QUIT THERE A MONTH AGO AND IS NOW WORKING FOR US ** AIRBORNEENGINE'S **SHE WAS SAYING IT IS A ZOO OVER THERE WE HAVE PICKED UP A LOT OF THERE DISGRUNTALED CUSTOMER'S . ** I AM THE REWORKS SHOP SUPERVISOR AT AIRBORNE **
( MACHINE SHOP )

** WE OVERHAUL THE ROLL ROYCE C-20 / C-20"B" / C-20 R&F& / C-30 SERIE'S TURBINE ENGINES **
AS WELL AS HONEYWELL T-53 AND 55 SERIES OF TURBINE ENGINE'S **
** GEAR - BOXES AND FUEL SYSTEM'S **

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Was it a public show or industry only?

PS
Helo's cant fly, they are so ugly, earth repels them :D
j/k

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
I was a PT6T O/H tech for 3 years, and I was one of the longest serving ppl on that line at ACRO.....scary.

Ya the ACRO reworks guys were good poo's, Luis, Otto (ottmatic), etc. (cant remember all their names). You could always count on them to get the job done.

You must know Dave Wark, is he back at AE yet? haha

·
Twist Master
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
** Dave **

REVELATIONS said:
I was a PT6T O/H tech for 3 years, and I was one of the longest serving ppl on that line at ACRO.....scary.

Ya the ACRO reworks guys were good poo's, Luis, Otto (ottmatic), etc. (cant remember all their names). You could always count on them to get the job done.

You must know Dave Wark, is he back at AE yet? haha
** DAVE WARK ** THE BEST LOOKING GUY IN THE AERO-SPACE BUSINESS:laughing
HE IS WITH ** NORTHSTAR ** AND THERE HOSPITALITY SUIT AT THE
HILTON ANITOL LAST SUNDAY NIGHT WAS A REAL GOOD TIME TWO OPEN BAR'S AND A SEAFOOD BUFFET ** DAVE WAS PARTYING IT UP REAL GOOD THAT NIGHT:surrender
WE DO THE PT-6 AS WELL BUT OUR TECH JUST LEFT TO GO BACK TO MTU
AND WE JUST RECIEVED AN ENGINE TODAY FROM WEST COAST AIR FOR OVERHAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Cool, I didn't know you worked at Airborne.

My sister works at Atlantic Turbines as an NDT tech and Tig welder. When my dad dropped into the shop to visit one day, her supervisor, a big friendly Newfie told him "If I had 10 more like her I'd be all set" and dad said "well, she's got a brother in Vancouver does the same and's a turbine mech to boot" :laughing

Gave that stuff up years ago though, got tired of breathing metal fumes and glowing in the dark when I went to clubs.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
^ I'm sure a piece of you still harks back to the good old days eh? ;)

Somedays I do miss working on the big jets, but I'd never go back into it again permanently.

·
Twist Master
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
** Show **

made Man said:
Was it a public show or industry only?

PS
Helo's cant fly, they are so ugly, earth repels them :D
j/k

THE public can get in BUT at $150.00 US a DAY it an EXPENSIVE SHOW.
But it is a real AWSOME event . Lot's of state of the Art EQUIPMENT .
You cant do SIMULATOR tryout's a Sign up for HELI - RIDE"S and the GIVE AWAY'S ( SHWAG ) is Fantastic. All the big EXIBITOR'S Have HOSPITALITY SUITE"S at Night and you go to them for Free all the Food and Booze you can Shake a stick at:evilgrin
The Next Show is in ** ORLANDO ** Next MARCH 1/2&3 2007 ** Last year's show was in ** ANAHEIM ** and the One before that was in ** VEGAS **

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
REVELATIONS said:
^ I'm sure a piece of you still harks back to the good old days eh? ;)
Yeah, I've always said if I won the lottery I'd go back to it again. The re-work and small production stuff we did was always challenging, never quite the same.

Now I fix companies instead. :coffee

·
Registered
622 Posts
Machinist said:
The Last Picture Is Our Booth!!!!

Lol. Weird, my dads in that picture. Small world

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
That movie wasnt bad... but the movie about KA50 kicked even more ass :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Very small word i provided Lighting for most of the booths at that show. You mind if i steal two of your pic's?

D

·
0 Posts
musta been a crappy show for the tuner crowd. i don't see any custom modded choppers at all. no booth babes.

and where was the bikini contest?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts