BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
from what i've been told no matter where you go, it's all autoplan - ICBC..
it's all the same rate everywhere..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
blazinr6 said:

wow...i'll be insuring in the next week or so...i think i'll giver her a call...are you under private insurance then??
No, I'm not eligable for private insurance. Cindee said that the private guys won't even look at me until I've had my drivers license for at least 10 years (or maybe it's 8...I can't quite remember).

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
superiorWANG said:

No, I'm not eligable for private insurance. Cindee said that the private guys won't even look at me until I've had my drivers license for at least 10 years (or maybe it's 8...I can't quite remember).
Your right the private guys want to insure people like me :D over 10 years safe driving, but once you get there they give you huge discounts. If I went with ICBC my insurance after my 43% discount on my R1 would have been $1894 for the year, that is full coverage for the bike, fire, theft, etc... with ICBC and Private insurance I just a little less than $1200 a YEAR, and the private guys cover me for more than the bike, they cover the leathers, helmet, gloves, and will even cover my bike trailer for me when I find one.

But you should read the save ICBC thread, because if you think you pay to much now, just wait till they go totally private. You will then be lucky to even find insurance.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
:flip Welcome :flip

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Insurance Rates

I insure privately, I pay approx. $1,360 per year, that works out to only $113 per month (plus financing if you didn't pay it in full like I did). I have 43% discount on my truck and on my bike. Basic insurance from ICBC (required) was $760 plus $600 for my collision and comprehensive from the private insurer.

For Megson Fitzpatrick you need the following:

a) 10 years car safe driving experience (road star) with no motorcycle school;
b) If you've taken the B.C.S.C. or Action riding school, only 5 years safe driving experience.

I think that was the guideline... anyhow, look 'em up on the net www.megsonfitzpatrick.com if you have any further questions, and give 'em a call and ask.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts