BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day before i went to Vegas, there was a shooting in Las Vegas in which 3 people were killed. At the time, all i heard from a friend was that there was a HA convention in Vegas and that my buddy and I (on our bikes) might not want to venture that way. We decided to go anyways but man, between LA and Vegas we saw a couple hundred bikes!!! The shootings turned out to be in Loughlin (outside of LV) but there definatley was a convention!! It was cool seeing sooooo many bikes! All the gas stations and fast food stops were filled with harleys too so it was a pretty cool site.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did any of those harleys give u a hard time??????

·
Registered
842 Posts
We were recomended a bar where "lots of bikes go there" outside of Vegas. It's probably the scariest bar I've been too. And I've been to a fair amount of them:D

I purposely sat with my back to the wall. There were guys wearing 12 inch buck knives. Women who looked like they were out of it and kept disappearing and returning with men and money in hand.

And we show up on Jap bikes:rolleyes

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm in LA right now. i'll be heading home tomorrow morning, and should be home by wednesday.

they didn't give us a hard time, the weather was perfect, all was well. there were some sweeeeet looking bikes though! Indians, Harleys, whatever. Just sweet looking.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
sounds like you had fun.... how much mileage on the bike now? hehe :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ive never had a problem with any HA I have run into. They're people just like anyone else and if you treat them as such then there shouldn't be any problem.

That being said, they ARE part of a large motorcycle club/gang (depends on how you look at it) so its generally a good idea to not make yourself stand out amongst the crowd when you're on their turf (bars that they run etc.)

Just like sportbikers, street racers, "Ravers" etc, Most of our views on them are based on what we see out of the media. If you stay out of their business they will stay out of yours. However you look at it though, we're all just people on motorcycles. Not everyone hates you just cause you're on a jap bike. Harley guys views of jap bikes arent the same as 20 years ago.

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
As a former Hog rider (7 years and 3 different bikes) and knowing a few HA personally this is what I can tell you about their opinion of Sport Bike Riders. This is not MY opinion or words, just ad hoc quotes ok? So don't rag on me:

"Sport Bike riders give motorcyclists a bad reputation because the race on the streets and pull too many stunts"

"Sport Bike riders are like snowboarders pulling a backside in front of you, they can't see shit!"

"Bikes is bikes......we are all brothers/sisters trying to survive on the street"

"All flash in their racing attire, but never been on a track"

"Slow doooooooooown!"

"Doubt they could survive the ride to Sturgis on that thing"

"Where'd s/he go? S/he was just here right beside me"

"If I am civil enough to wave, wave back"

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually that didn't happen in Las Vegas, it happened in Laughlin, at the annual "River Run". There were TONS of bikers spilling over into Vegas though. I was in Vegas that weekend as well and met a guy who had just ridden in from the rally. The US Harley guys are all so bad-ass looking! Reminds me of a quote from a former martial arts instructor I once had: "The best way to win a fight in a biker bar is to NOT go into a biker bar". I know that we all just like bikes and all that, but the serious biker guys like the lifestyle, and having a Harley is part of that. Not much respect for anything but American steel in that crowd. Probably nice guys, but I still steer clear.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hog riders

Besides that some don't wave back, I've neer had much of a problem. My philosophy is 2 wheels is 2 wheels. On my trip last year to Calgary on the red rocket, I hooked up with some serious stereo typical riders. Chicks on the back of the hogs wearing just bikines and a cap. I cruised with them from Castlegar to just about Idaho. We were stopping and eating and stuff, talking about rides. It's all the same weather I ride a rice a roni with red leathers and they with a hog and black leathers. Same 'ol same 'ol. I wave to 'em all and talk to them when I'm stopped, even try riding with them if I catch up with them on freeways. I stay away from the ones with the name Bubba with an a$$hole cut out of his leathers cause I'm only 135 pounds soaking wet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts