BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the helmet shopping that I've been doing lately, I couldn't help but noticed that many of the helmet company logos look rather similar. The biggest offenders are HJC and KBC. Except for the letter, the designs of their logos are nearly identical. OGK, Suomy, and Arai all feature a rather flat oval with their letters of the company inside.

Makes things a little annoying when I'm trying to choose a particular type of brand.

-Rick

·
Wait for me, I'm SLOW
1,224 Posts
Exactly right 888

It's your head you're protecting, who cares about the logos.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my experience, KBCs are usually a poor fit for my head, so I try to avoid those. I can't afford Shoei's and Arai's, so I might as well not consider them. But with nearly identical logos, I get confused and can't just take a quick glance at the helmet and instantly recognize if that is the helmet I should rule out.

In any case, it is just an observation. It's nothing about the technical aspects of the helmets at all. Imagine all bikes have a nearly identical look, but different prices and technical specifications. I bet you'd be annoyed as well.

-Rick

B

·
0 Posts
logos

In the beginning the first full face helmets were made by Bell in the usa.
The bell logo appeared as a large red and white oval BELL logo on the very front of the helmet. They were then followed by the likes of Arai, and Shoei the logos were all similar but different color and obviously different text. Because most helmets look the same (sort of) the only way to tell the difference was the logo....they call it Brand Recognition. Consequently some low end brands have purposely made their logo look just like the sweet Arai and other nice ones....this is their trick....pay little attention to the logos, always buy by comfort, fit, weight, and it helps to look cool!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Traum said:
From my experience, KBCs are usually a poor fit for my head, so I try to avoid those. I can't afford Shoei's and Arai's, so I might as well not consider them. But with nearly identical logos, I get confused and can't just take a quick glance at the helmet and instantly recognize if that is the helmet I should rule out.

In any case, it is just an observation. It's nothing about the technical aspects of the helmets at all. Imagine all bikes have a nearly identical look, but different prices and technical specifications. I bet you'd be annoyed as well.

-Rick
Have you tried E-bay. They have some great deals on Shoei, and other helmets. I saved $200+ Cdn from retail up here for my helmet. Shoei depending on the style is aproximately $400-450 US. With the way the canadian dollar is right now you'll save a few dollars. Just get try on the helmets in the store and then pick it up online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts