BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to BCSB. Just got my learner's last Friday...soon to be taking the course at Pacific. I've been browsing around at helmets and I would like to get one before I take the course. Something about sharing a helmet that hundreds of others have worn scares me...kinda like bowling shoes. Anyways, I really like the Shoei RF-1000. I've been reading reviews and reports on it, and for the money it seems to be one of the best out there. As for buying it, is there a place that is better for pricing over another? I was at Carter Motorsports in Coquitlam this past week browsing around, they had a pretty good selection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,052 Posts
For local shops its best to make the best deal that you can on helmets. Even better if you buy it along with some other gear.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CDG said:
For local shops its best to make the best deal that you can on helmets. Even better if you buy it along with some other gear.
Got any good contacts or referrals?

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
I would borrow a helmet when doing the school. That way if you crash, you wreck someone elses helmet and not yours.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah man, the thing with your helmet is that you get to drop it once then its no good. Meaning if it slips out of your hands, or if you fall off the sherpa and hit your head, the poly foam in the helmet compresses even from the slip out of your hands drop.
Which allways has me wondering if all the WMRC boys out there end up buying a couple new helemts every season. Thats a cost ill have to factor in I guess when im ready to join.

:eek

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Stewy said:
Just got my learner's last Friday...soon to be taking the course at Pacific. I've been browsing around at helmets and I would like to get one before I take the course. Something about sharing a helmet that hundreds of others have worn scares me...kinda like bowling shoes.
I believe PRS has started up from scratch fairly recently so their helmets are still fairly new, if that means anything.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Driftland said:
Yeah man, the thing with your helmet is that you get to drop it once then its no good. Meaning if it slips out of your hands, or if you fall off the sherpa and hit your head, the poly foam in the helmet compresses even from the slip out of your hands drop.
Which allways has me wondering if all the WMRC boys out there end up buying a couple new helemts every season. Thats a cost ill have to factor in I guess when im ready to join.

:eek
I've fallen off twice on the same helmet it still passed tech. My head barely hit the deck though, but I have a new one for this year.

I know Rob and Marbod seem to have a helmet fetish, ask Rob how many helmets he's got! I think he has about 4-5 Arai Quantum f's. Then again, you get a 2 year old model new in the box out of the US for less than half of what they go for here.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Fuelled by rice
4,467 Posts
online will save.you a lot of money.
I bought my shoei's from Burnaby Kawasaki.
Use the schools helmets and just wear a helmet liner like the ones for snowboard helmets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts