·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..
i want to buy a new helmet.
something in the 300-400 dollar range.
Any suggestions?
I dont know much about helmets besides DOT and SNELL stuff they teach you @ Action :)
Right now I have a cheapie Xpeed I bought at BK for 150 bucks. I think I can probably do better.
THanks.
-D

·
Back Again!!
852 Posts
I got mine through work, its a AGV (dot), matches my gear and bike and has the funky air dams. They retail for about $350..$400.
You can check them out at Carter motorsports

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do i still get my 10% Action discount there? :)
I've been doing all my service there..
got my rear tire, oil and whatnot..
did my mechanical inspection before i bought the bike

G

·
i've gotta start using that action discount...i always forget and wasn't sure if the shops would honour it...you work at carter bugs??

G

·
the %10 discount will bring the RMS prices back down to everyone else's starting prices, but if you have been doing all your servicing there, they should be giving you %15-20.
You can get great HJC's for your price range. I've got an XSpeed too, as a secondary helmet.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bluestone said:
the %10 discount will bring the RMS prices back down to everyone else's starting prices, but if you have been doing all your servicing there, they should be giving you %15-20.
You can get great HJC's for your price range. I've got an XSpeed too, as a secondary helmet.
RMS is richmodn motorsports right?
bugs & me talking about Carter Honda (the one on granville island)
i work a 3 minute walk away so it's really convinient..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You can also try Pacific Yamaha, ask for Francios he is pretty good, tell you are a member of this group and he will give a good deal.

Just make sure the helmets fits you well, nothing like spending money on helmet and then not have it fit you properly. ie Sumoy. I spent $550 plus taxes, used it for about 5 months, now it collects dust, just doesn't quite fit my head.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
hsam said:
What's an Action Discount? And where can I get one?
The Action riding school gives all it's grads a Card that most bike shops in the lower mainland recognize and will give deals for.

Basically they are rewarding riders who took the course.

Only way to get it is to take (and pass) the Action riding school.

Jim.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Did most of you guys do Action? I did the BCSC course...and we get a similar discount of 10%-20%...depending on the shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts