BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
(newbie)
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my zx7r came with an alarm. But for the past year it has been disconnected from the battery and I havent bothered to hook it back up. So i decided to try and hook it up. For the life of me I cant figure it out.

Here is the setup.
There are 4 wires:
1 black wire, another black wire with a fuse, a red wire with a fuse, and a purple wire.

Does anyone have a clue what im talking about. Ill try to add a picture later.

Any help is appreciated

D

·
0 Posts
red wire with the fuse goes to the positive terminal on the battery. black wire with no fuse is more than likely ground. black wire with fuse may be a starter interlock. purple wire may be the siren. this is pure speculation, so don't hook it up that way and blame me for wrecking it!

make/model of alarm? chances are the manual is available online with a google search.

·
(newbie)
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive googled, but havent come up with anything. It seems to be and old ungo alarm. I beleive your right about the purple being the siren, if so does it get hooked to the positive? What is a starter interlock and where does it go? does ground goto negative or does it get attached to the frame or something?

Thank you thnak you

D

·
0 Posts
black with no fuse would go to negative. red with fuse would go to positive.

the black with fuse and the purple without may be features that were not hooked up. you shouldn't have more than one power connection to the brain. black to neg, red to pos. every other wire should be a feature. starter interlock is starter kill. alarm goes off, the starter is disconnected, so it won't turn over. either wire could also flash your signal lights, or tie into your horn for added noise. unfortunately, the electrocution seat, exploding seat, and ejecto seat are not features.

you really need the model to track down what the wires do. pics could help, so someone else might recognize it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts