BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Self-proclaimed VIP
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made a new years resolution: get a racing license in 2011. I've tried emailing WMRC as to which course I should take and have heard no reply. I can't find the courses on their website... or how to sign up for them...

Can someone point me in the right direction here? Thanks.
Fil.

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
Digi, a PM is coming your way. If anyone else needs information about the WMRC, please feel free to PM me.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I'm sure Dean has hooked you up but once again here is the fastest, easiest way to get your license..
Contact Troy/Gio @ WCSS & take the Racer training course
http://www.westcoastsuperbikeschool.com/2011.php

2011 Race Training Course

Bike Prep
Tues. April 12th
Class Date
Tues. April 19th
Tradex date
Sat. April 23rd
Mission Date
Fri. April 29th

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
If you are looking for a novice licence, I could possibly sell you mine. PM me.

·
5,206 Posts
LOL @ dasein!

·
Hates drama...
1,916 Posts
How much is a race license? Do you need a race bike already or can it be purchased after?

What are the mandatory requirements?

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
How much is a race license? Do you need a race bike already or can it be purchased after?

What are the mandatory requirements?
You need a race bike in order to take the course, and if you successfully complete the course you are elligible for and can purchase a Novice race license (includes WMRC membership for the year) for $150.

Jaybo's link above to the West Coast Superbike School will give you all the information you need on requirements for riding gear and bike preparation.

·
5,206 Posts
actually, this year as part of an economic stimulus package, the WMRC is throwing in the novice race license upon passing the WCSS course! So, if you take the WCSS course, your license fee is included with that. If you take any other school, then you will be required to purchase your license for $150.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
you DO NOT need a racebike to get your liscence.

I took the course on my streetbike as I never intended on racing but just wanted the experience. Once I finished the course I qualified for a license but never got one until a friend offered me his bike as he didnt finish the course. I started completely by chance, raced half a season on a machine I didnt own then bought it.

The point is you can take the race school on your streetbike, once finished the course you can find a track dedicated bike to race.

Good luck!

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
you DO NOT need a racebike to get your liscence.

I took the course on my streetbike as I never intended on racing but just wanted the experience. Once I finished the course I qualified for a license but never got one until a friend offered me his bike as he didnt finish the course. I started completely by chance, raced half a season on a machine I didnt own then bought it.

The point is you can take the race school on your streetbike, once finished the course you can find a track dedicated bike to race.

Good luck!
Just to clarify, when I said he did need a race bike, I just meant he needed some kind of bike he'd be willing to take on the track for the course, whether it's his prepped street bike or a dedicated track bike. I didn't know if he thought the race school might provide bikes to use for taking the course.

·
???
526 Posts
actually, this year as part of an economic stimulus package, the WMRC is throwing in the novice race license upon passing the WCSS course! So, if you take the WCSS course, your license fee is included with that. If you take any other school, then you will be required to purchase your license for $150.
I'll take you up on that

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
ahh got ya Zoom, i just wanted to make sure people understood they could take that course on any bike they were willing to toss down the track :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts