BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband has dementia and was last seen at 9:55am at the Legends in Whistler on his Triumph Tiger sport touring bike with side paneers (silver and black). He is 64 yrs old, 6'5, Black Nylon motorcycle gear, grey beard. Not sure color of motorcycle full helmet. He texted me at 6:49pm on July 6th that his bike fell on the rocks in the gravel (assuming dirt road) and he can't get it up. He said he'll sleep there tonight and hope someone sees him tomorrow. I'm concerned his phone will die and he won't be able to get help.

Common rides with his buddies in the past are Pemberton to Lillooet, then there is a dirt road that parallels 12 south then heads through the mountains and comes out at East Harrison Hot Springs. Or North out of Pemberton and down past Gold Bridge and Carpenter Lake. Two other lesser possibilities are Boston Bar to Lillooet west of the river, D'arcy to Seton Portage then over to Carpenter Lake to gold bridge.

Could you put out the alert to your biker buddies and take a ride on any of these routes and call me to let me know that you found him or he isn't there. RMCP tried pinging his phone but it is not responding. Since I don't know where he is, they can't go look for him.

PLEASE HELP 206-713-7038 I'm in Bellingham Washington

Jodi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My husband texted 'On my way home'. Don't know where he's at but its good news. Thanks, everyone!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob is home and doing well. He did sleep overnight and started to get dehydrated. He walked for miles and found a house. He refused to help because of COVID but did give Bob water. Then Bob found a second house where two men drove him in their ATV, gave him food/water, and got his motorcycle back up in riding position. I'm so very thankful to all of you who help relieve some of the stress while we were searching for Bob. Search and Rescue are going to send me some recommendations for GPS trackers that can be sewn into clothing, etc. Bob does have a SPOT but he doesn't know or think to use it anymore.

·
Posing with conviction
5,389 Posts
Glad to hear this ended well Jodi. Hopefully you can encourage him to ride with his buddies or get a riding partner. Well wishes and good luck.

·
Registered Abuser
22 Posts
One of the really good questions. As well as how an american got up here and is riding around...
I think all that they need to do is state that they're heading for Alaska and it's "come on in!".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts