BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
LOL! Dude, the R1 has a very expensive factory anti-theft computer in the dash, ignition key holder, and ECU. They are married together. You can only use the main key unless you figure out a way to bypass the anti-theft stuff.

·
5,206 Posts
dremel a slot in them and then use a slotted screwdriver to take them out!

·
5,206 Posts
Just saw your other thread. I thought you were talking removal here. Get new bolts for the mirrors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
few years later and this post still helped me. bought a 2012 R1 from kijiji, the guy told me how amazing he was since he is giving me the red key and its a custom racing key. the bike would not start without jumping it or going through hell. changed regulator, battery and was about to change stator as well, face dialed my brother and he asked me why am i using the red key, told him what the guy said and he basically explained the guy was an IDIOT. came up again, reads this thread, called my bro again and grabbed the black key and tried it and it started like a BEAUTY it is this bike. all that hassle all because of a show off trying to mark up his price. hope this will help someone just like me

21 - 26 of 26 Posts