BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

What's important?

HELP! Track Day in December!

2K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  adam112 
#1 ·
Track Day in December!

Executive Summary:

Needed:

Tow vehicle to get 3 bikes (yours and 2 others) and 1 passenger (me) to Willow Springs California (2 hours Northeast of Los Angeles)
I have a trailer with 2 bikes (yours goes in your truck bed) or you have a trailer that can take all 3 bikes.

When:

For a Dec 1 track day. We leave 1 PM on Wednesday Nov. 29 to arrive in Lancaster, CA 24 hours later. We can return right after the track day or any time (if you want to stay in LA for a day) as long as I am back to work on Dec 5.

In return:

I pay for all gas, 2 nights hotel (Thurs/Fri at Best Western), and your track day fees. You may also get an honorary “Team Troll” T-shirt.

The story:

Myself and a Team Troll buddy are booked to do the Dec 1 track day at Streets of Willow Springs. http://www.ugofast.com/Events/TheFacts?EventID=13574 He’s flying down and meeting me at the track but I promised I could get his bike down there on my trailer. Unfortunately, my tow vehicle (girlfriend) and I are on the skids. I could say goodbye to whatever pride and self respect I have left and get back with her long enough to get my shit there (and back) but I’m exploring other alternatives. Also unfortunate is that while I do own a good trailer, I do not own a suitable tow vehicle.

PM me if you are interested in this exciting offer.

Note to BS: Don’t worry about this small setback dude, if worst comes to worst (as it often does), I’ll just go back to my GF with my tail between my legs. I’m stoked to do this track day and I’ll figure something out.

See less See more
#2 ·
Willow springs..shit. The family pickup won't make it to California, shit I don't think it would make it to washington, and my trailer only holds two.
when you go back to her make sure you get the makeup sex.

#5 ·
I know. I can't believe you aren't doing this with us. What about a trailer hitch on the strudel wagon?

On another note, what say we do Laguna or Infineon next year?

#6 ·
If you still have a bit of dignity left and choose not to go back to your girlfriend... why not rent a car? :imwithstu

#7 ·
I'll explain:

I have to pay the gas no matter what so that's like a sunk cost. That is to say it has no bearing in my decision as to whether I go with my GF, a BCSB shmuck, or I rent a vehicle.

Renting vehicles with tow packages is tough. Try calling around smarty pants. And though I do have a line on a good deal for renting a truck with a tow package, it will still cost me way more than track day fees and hotel for somebody. Actually, rather than rent a tow vehicle I would rent a cargo van as I have done many times before. A van can get 2 sportbikes no problem. But it's like $1000+ for the trip. That plus gas is a little steep for 1 track day.

Also, it's a 24 hour drive down there. Kinda tough to do alone.

Next.

G
#8 ·
what does this thread have to do with me racing in the san francisco rolex big boat series next year? or seattle's grand prix? or the van isle 360? or, dare i say it, because i am such a sailing rock star, the 2007 america's cup in spain?

cb, i feel duped. had. conned.

#9 ·
To the contrary my old chum. Everyone knows Lancaster, CA is a boating hotbed with lots of rich widows that cannot wait to offer monetary support to sailers.

You need to look beyond the obvious.

And you never voted in the poll you dick!

#13 ·
Where is this cheap rental place with unlimited miles? I have a line on some good deals through the movie industry but I ain't never seen unlimited miles on trucks or vans.

I still need someone else to drive with me as it is a 24 hour drive. Contrary to rumour i am not a coke fiend and can't make it in one shot on my own.

#12 ·
CorvetteBoy,

Make sure what ever you end up driving has good tires. In the first week of December, 1998 I was making a quick trip down to a friend's wedding in Walnut Grove, California (near SF) and lost a whole day slipping and sliding (in an Audi Quattro w/snows!) and dodging semis and SUVs in heavy snow and lotsa ice near Grants Pass, Oregon. Just made the wedding but missed a couple of the pre-wedding parties.

You can hit some shitty weather along the way this time of the year - even if you are ripping down I-5.

Good luck.

**edit** - I voted that this a new low in polls... congratulations :laughing

#14 ·
Yeah, I've driven down to CA a few times in the winter and that god damn Grant's Pass can really be the shits. Still, full steam ahead motherfuckers!

Thanks for voting. Feels good to make a difference, doesn't it?

#15 ·
Come on you ****. This is a limited time offer. I got an e-mail from my GF to "discuss things" so if I don't get some real suggestions for cheap vehicle rentals or someone doesn't step up to the plate with a ride of their own, I'm going to have no choice but to drop my drawers and do what needs to be done to get the team troll track day 2006 on the road.

All you guys that bitch about the shitty weather all the time in your little **** bitch threads, where are you? "Addicted" to riding and all that? It's gonna be 20C and sunny down there on the track day.

I can't wait to hijack every one of those bullshit "it's raining" threads 'cause that's what I'm gonna do if I have to soil myself to get a ride down there.

#18 ·
ok I have an idea CBoy, I don't want see you have to grovel to a girfriend for a ride down.

Buy this truck, go down with it. When you return sell it for 2500. 1000 bucks for a vehicle? Maybe have a few people go in on it, make it the trailer bitch for the next few years?

or just bend over, let your girlfriend have her way and go.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75679

#19 ·
Thanks Adam, that's actually a very thoughtful suggestion. My experience with vehicle purchases and women has been that when I buy used they tend to break down soon after. I just don't get what I paid for. Usually the tranny goes or they turn out to be a tranny.

This is why I always buy new. It costs a bit more but the girls at the local high school really seem to be impressed by my new cars.

#20 ·
This offer expires at the end of today's business hours. This evening, unless other arrangements can be made, I will recouple with my girlfriend and set on fire any traces of my once proud balls. This is how badly I am itching to ride fast again.

And this, Ralphael, you ***, is a true addiction to sportbiking. Not riding down the Barnett Hwy in the rain. That don't mean shit homey.

#26 ·
That's not helpful but thanks.

At least the idea wasn't bad and there's still a few hours left.

Don't forget to vote in the important poll. Make a difference. Support democracy!

#28 ·
Only 1 hour and 20 minutes left people.

I'm willing to throw in a prostate massage from J_Scott here. That's an additional $75 value.

#30 ·
Held over another day. Come on people. This is better than a weekend at Bernie's!

At least vote in the debate charged poll. Get involved! Rock the vote! Support democracy!

G
#32 ·
i still see no reason why you couldn`t drive it by yourself...i leave duncan bc every saturday morning, and i`m in klammath falls oregon by midnight, and thats driving a tracter trailer, ands thats taking the highroad down, and not that cushy I-5, and that would put you right on the California border

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.