BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Hey that's not true. I had a CBR250R that got way better mileage than a DRZ and it was a 250 thumper that was constantly wrung out on the highway.
If you're having to wring the poor things' neck everywhere, to me, it's an indication it's not the right motor for the job. Good mileage is good.

Yeah, it's an old design, what else is out there to consider? Sounds like DRZ issues have been identified over the years, that means you can do something about it... These bikes do require maintenance. Locktite is your friend...

·
Registered
832 Posts
If you're having to wring the poor things' neck everywhere, to me, it's an indication it's not the right motor for the job. Good mileage is good.

Yeah, it's an old design, what else is out there to consider? Sounds like DRZ issues have been identified over the years, that means you can do something about it... These bikes do require maintenance. Locktite is your friend...
They've been identified the owners and Suzuki still doesn't give 10 fucks. Not worth $7600 new.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If you care enough, you can fix it...
Most of this type of Japanese bike are 90s' or even 80s' technology... and they still sell lot's of them.
As has been said, if you want a better bike the choices are Euro, or adapt a Japanese bike to suit you.
I still think DRZ for the OPs' purposes... or spend more for more performance.

I know it's not the bike for me.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
+1000000000000000000000.

I test rode the Yamaha 250 it was GUTLESS compared to the DRZ and that is not saying much, cause it's gutless too.

My 250 klx would have smoked a Yamaha 250 sm... and all it had was a pipe, airbox mod and sprockets changed. And IT was slow as FAkkk.
I did the same..test rode the Yamaha 250sm and the klx250...got a DRZ400sm...then did the mods to it..Pipe, airbox, jetting...it really woke it up but compared to the 500cc plus euro bikes like the KTM or Husky or Husaberg ...well there is no comparison..you just got to know and accept what you want..I wanted a city bike that could do short highway trips and not get myself impounded and the DRZ does that, easy ride to whistler 2 up or out to the valley to Wack is no problems but even though it would do a Duffy loop I dont think I would do it without re-gearing it..as it sits it will top out at 155 and will cruise easily at 120-130 any more then it starts getting buzzy..Might be putting it up for sale in the spring?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts