BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

The GF and I need some new tires this season for our 600 rr's and looking for a little help.

We do more longer type rides and looking for a tire that isn't an agressive sport tire that will last only 5-6k's. Currently I have the Pilot Power Sport and she has Pilot Powers with approx 15,000 km's on them.

We need a tire that wont develop a flat spot as quick. Bascially a tire that grips nicely on turns but durable enough for those nice long Coquahalla rides! :)

So if anyone has any testimonials or advice on any particular make/model that would help.

Thanks!

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Bridgestone BT020's are not too bad for mostly long haul with some corners. I rode a rear BT020 to Halifax last summer (approx. 14,000 km). The tire was new when I left. It started looking funky at about 10,000 km and by the time I returned home it was positively flat-spotted in the centre so bad I nearly didn't need a kickstand anymore.

If you like long rides on the Coquihalla you may also want to consider installing a new bike on those tires :laughing .

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
You could try the Pilot Roads--they'll last longer than the Sports/Powers. 15000kms is a lot of life out of the tires you're using.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Stick with the Pilot Powers there the best tire that has come out in a long time. At 15000 km every tire made will have a flat spot. I'd go for sticky tire over long milage any day, it's the only thing connecting you to the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts