BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Herrling Island dirtbike beginner ride Sunday FEB 5 9:00am
Heading out to Herrling to rip around for the day leaving the shop around 9:00 am rain or shine.

Herrling is a great place to learn how to ride , theres trails, mud , sand everything. It's probably the only spot in BC where a beginner can go.

I have to TTR 125 4 strokes for rent if anyone wants one to use. We charge $150 day and that includes a helmet, fuel and the ride up to hope. If you want to teach the kid's to ride on one now is the time. Or I can help with that.

For those that have bikes meet at 5thgear #2170 21000 westminster hwy at 9:00 am Sunday Dec 4.

Even if you don't want to ride last week we had a huge bonfire going all day. It's a great spot to go and just get away.

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,335 Posts
Damn. Saw this too late. Have a friend coming over to watch Superbowl and go skiing at Seymour. Next time. Hopefully the rain will stop another day. Great weather today. Hope you guys have fun.

·
1,335 Posts
For any of you new to Herrling you take the #1 out of town. Go past Chilliwack and before Hope. Herrling Island is clearly sign posted and on the east (left) side of the hwy as you drive out there. It's a big area between the hwy and the open Fraser river. Accessible most times of the year except during spring snow-melt when the river height increases to make it a true island. The Wonderland meeting place is the next exit past the Sumas/Abbotsford exit. From there it's about 1/2hr more to drive.

I'm going to miss the bonfire and weenie roast. Doh!

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
ohh no weenie roasting today.. we were pimpin out with hamburgers, and bbq lemon chicken breasts. who needs women when ya have , bikes, beers and burgers. i expect Dave to flame me anytime now:devillook

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
that was good times guys! I feel like a total noob all over again. Roger, you rock man...bringin the pimped out out grill, burgers etc! and its nice to a have a friend with a truck, whos nice enough to lug my ass and bike for me...thanks again. I do have to chime in on the fun though.....wheres tbe beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

thanks for organinzing this one Bill, the bonfire King! (pooooof!)

I will eventually get around develop the pic's I took today and post them up

The funny thing about today would be I spent more money pressure washing my bike after than I did on fuel for the whole day!

·
1,335 Posts
I gotta watch this thread more closely for the next ride. How was the island? With all this rain was the river level any higher than the last group ride?

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
the puddles were way bigger, just ask Justin.. lmfao. but other then that it was great, same as the last time we were out:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts