BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill and Dave aren't coming this weekend and I had too much fun last time out. So I am thinking of going down there this weekend again. Anyone wants to join is more than welcome. I am not sure what the arrangement for renting bikes is since Bill is not coming but you can always call him and find out. I have a truck and room for 2 bikes not including mine. I don't mind taking your bike down there as long as you pitch in for the gas or bring beer/food, etc. Meeting place and time TBD on the # of people wanting to come.

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,335 Posts
It's a "maybe" for me. Have to go to the boat show at BC Place which starts today till Sunday. Also keeping an eye on the weather. Saturday looks nicer than Sunday at this point. Also have a friend coming from out of town so going to try to juggle it all.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I might come too, +1.

Never been there before.

I totally suck, will that be a problem?

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I won't be going I have to help Holly move .But I have 3 bikes left to rent out. Last weekend was perfect weather ,don't miss out people Herrling will be under water and not rideable fairly soon.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harps said:
I might come too, +1.

Never been there before.

I totally suck, will that be a problem?
Hehe, I took a buddy of mine out there last weekend who never rode before in his life and we had a blast. It's not a race, just good times with good people. The only way you'd be a problem is if you mess yourself up really bad and we'll have to deal with you instead of riding. So come on out!

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Hehe...my problem is more with falling off too often, and getting my bike stuck in odd places. :laughing Plus the bike is too big for me in dirt form (it's good in supermoto form though), or I'm just too little.

But we'll try to make it out, if Saturday night doesn't beat the hell out of me too bad. :)

·
1,335 Posts
Don't worry Harps, we've seen crazy people with KLR650's out there. It'll work but you'll sweat to death hanging onto it in the tight stuff.

Still calling for light rain sunday. Doh.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok people, we are leaving for Herrling Island in 30 min. See you there if you are coming!

R

·
0 Posts
Your leaving in 30 min??
It takes you a day to get there?? lol
Thought this was for the 12th (Sun.)??

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Yeah, I thought this was tomorrow???

WVdude, are you planning on going tomorrow? I'm out your way, and need to follow someone out there...so if you're going let me know, and I'll follow you.

If anyone's planning on going Sunday morning, post up a time and place to meet. Thanks.

·
1,335 Posts
I'm here Harps. Ya, was planning to go out tomorrow (Sunday the 12th). Send me an email or something or I'll check back here in the AM sunday.

Easier to take one vehicle? Can chuck your bike in my truck? Lemme know. I have to be downtown for the hockey game at 6:30pm so will have to leave Herrling around 3pm or something to drop my bike back home and head downtown.

Try to leave my place (Caulfeild area) just after 9am I guess. Anybody else going Sunday?? Where's Roger?

·
1,335 Posts
Hmmm.... I guess I'll pull the canopy off the truck now. Aint goin by myself so gimme a call, left my tel # to you in a PM Harps.

Give it an hour or so and I'll go on to doing other things.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's wrong with going BOTH days?? :D

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Sorry, no internet at home - missed the PM.

We did end up going out though, lots of people there with the nice weather. An eventful day to say the least. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts