BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of questions for you. I noticed you had a good run on the dyno and I was wondering who did the tuning on your bike
(which shop)? I remember you saying that you were gonna get it done at Pacific Yamaha. Did you end up going there? Did they just tune the stock jets or install a jet kit? I'm considering installing a jet kit and I was wondering what the guys at your shop said about them if anything.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is a jet kit? And are they avaliable for r1's if so how much including install?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
he got them done at Buraby Kawasaki, no jet kit, jut shimming the needles.....I think it cost him $100-$150 ? adam will let you know for sure....

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not very mechanical and I've never seen a jet kit except for the pictures on the internet, but I know that for anyone who has an aftermarket exhaust (beit slip-on or full system) can benefit from the installation of one. I've also heard that Ivan's needles are the best, atleast for Yamaha R6's. They definately have jet kits for R1's. Ask your shop. Dynojet, Factory, Ivan's, K&N, Yoshimura are all manufacturers of these kits. The most common, especially in Canada (because of availability and cost) are the Dynojet kits. If your pipe make a popping sound on deceleration or if the bike just doenst run well (flames coming out of the pipe or temperature higher than normal) a jet kit install could correct this and give you added horsepower.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I had it done by BK, I spoke with Ron, and I can't remember who the mechanic was, but Ron will know which one has R6 experience and I'm sure he'll remember my bike - he seemed to really like my pipe.

I did not install jet kit, all I did was have them drill the main's, I don't believe the jets were even shimmed. Just tuned.

Cost me about $210 including the royal-pain-in-the-ass install of my pipe (I kept my rear pegs, which is a bit tricky).

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Dafnip said:
What is a jet kit? And are they avaliable for r1's if so how much including install?
For pre 2002 R1's there is a jet kit available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts