BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Er, no. However, I would probably drop to near the back of the pack in age, so maybe.....naah, I couldn't ride one of those awful bikes.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You should go to Trev Deeleys, we should all go en mass for their demo days. :D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I met those guys on a ride last summer.

A few riders and I were on our way up to the UMCI rally in Cache Creek.

I'm in the fast lane at the time with the others riding staggered formation behind me. In my mirror I see a bunch of what is obviously Harleys coming up on the outside. "Cool" I think "more riders going to the rally or one of the others in the Interior". They come alongside in side by side formation and then with the first pair only about 4 feet in front of me they pull over into my lane in lock formation. That's when I see the colors on the backs of the these first two. I don't blink, I don't change speed, I don't move more than a foot in my lane and each pair cuts in front of me with only 3 to 4 feet to spare.

But I had to hand it to them. There were no fingers or scowls. Just that perfect formation and lock step moves. And the 3 or 4 foot spacing? That's all they gave each other as well so I don't really think they were trying to piss me off. That was just how they rode. I was doing about 110 to keep under the ticket radar but they were doing about 120 to 125. I just let them go. No one in my group behind seemed any more eager to chase them either :eek

Oh, and no bitches either. I'd say it was a "working" trip but then they shouldn't have been advertising with the colors. A board meeting they didn't want the girls to hear?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the best part. When we got closer to Hope there were three of them on the side of the road. One of the bikes was getting a lot of attention from some very PO'd looking Angels......... :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Digi168 said:
You should go to Trev Deeleys, we should all go en mass for their demo days. :D
That's a good idea. I'm sure we could TRY to wheelie one of those pigs. Wouldn't take much to blow a motor either.:D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Those Trev Deeley demo days will be including Buell. The guy at the show said they'd have the new Firebolt there as well. I really LIKE that bike. If it turns out to be semi reliable, unlike their other offerings to date, I could see myself on one in a couple of years.

Yes I know they have their faults but if you look up "personality" in the dictionary one of the synomyms listed is "Buell"....... :D

And hey, the Vrod just might surprise a few of you. The Polaris power cruiser I tested was FUN......

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bruce, do you want to take a Buell into a corner, or a V-Rod for that matter?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Hu99 said:
Bruce, do you want to take a Buell into a corner, or a V-Rod for that matter?
With previous Buell's I'd be worried about something falling off the bike and getting caught in the back wheel :laughing

I don't know about the Vrod though. That Victory sport wouldn't lean as far as a sport bike but within it's lean limits is was very stable and confidence inspiring. A different kind of ride to be sure but fun in it's own way. If the Vrod can compare with it's 20 extra HP then I'd say it would be a great bike. I'd paint it though.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts