BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ryan ! how do you like the sprocket conversion ? pulling 2nd/ 3rd gear wheelies ?....any luck on the battery ?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I tried to PM you but you had to may messages so the message never got through, I save the message though so here you go

I could not do anything about the battery yet because I took friday off cause I was feeling a little under the weather. The business thing is coming along but it is gonna take longer to get started than I thought, but I was expecting that. That sucks man, how did you wreck, low side ?, How bad is the bike, post pics in the crash section if you have not already. Man that really sucks, hope you didn't loose your edge. Oh and I should have the sprocket on monday cause it had to be ordered in at 5th Gear. I am only using it for a couple days to see how it feels cause its so cheap anyway. Then if I like it I will get the full chain and rear sprocket setup. If I do change the whole setup than I am getting a yellow box to correct the speedo. if I dont like it I will just put the stock sprocket back on and all will be good. Did you know I can wheelie all the way through first gear now, my friend said I am about 6 inches from the balance point and once I get the shift to 2nd down I will be able to carry it for quite a while. The only reason for the sprocket change is so that when I shift to second it will have more power to keep the wheel up. Funny thing is that when I figured out how to ride out first gear, I did a whole bunch continuously in a row and it is not tough or scarry once you have done a few. Its the learning part that freaks you out cause its your first time but really its not as bad as i thought. I am pretty proud of myself cause I thought that this was somthing I would never be able to do. Anyway c ya later man ;)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good stuff....keep us posted and if you need a hand with anything....how much is the DID gold chain ? is it the same size as stock or bigger - length ?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Bill quoted me an even better price and said he can get both sprockets front and rear plus the chain for 220 bucks. 240 if i want a gold chain which I am getting. Plus he is installing it for free so I really lucked out on this one. ;)

X

·
0 Posts
That is a cheap price..

What is your final ratio going to be from stock (gearing wise?)

ie. Up 2 teeth in the back? down 1 in the front...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have not decided yet, It will be either +2 or +3 in the rear. I am more towards the +2 though, I think + 3 is gonna be too much and the bike will be running at really high RPM's on the highway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts