BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I never use this forum to ask questions because youtube has become so useful for finding how-to's about anything and everything...but here's one thing I can't seem to find:

Any tips on unhooking the clip that connects the indicator to the rest of the bike's wiring?

And don't say "with a flathead, dumbass" because that doesn't really help me much. Where do I squeeze/push/pull to get this thing off without breaking it to pieces? I can't get this thing to budge while still trying to be gentle...I know I've done it before on my other bikes, but this one isn't complying.

If it helps, the bike is a (fucking beaten up) 2001 Suzuki SV650S, and I'm trying to disconnect the rear right turn signal.

Any useful advice (or links! to videos!) would be greatly appreciated.
Any useless comments might get you banned (someone give me an excuse I wanna see if I still have the power to do that).

Thaaaaanks budddds!!!!

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Take one end of wire in each fist. Butt your index fingers and thumbs against each other. Grip the wire and push your fists apart against each other with steady pressure.

That usually works well without breaking the wire or damaging a plug.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Take one end of wire in each fist. Butt your index fingers and thumbs against each other. Grip the wire and push your fists apart against each other with steady pressure.

That usually works well without breaking the wire or damaging a plug.

nah these are a plastic connector type that will break if you forcefully try and separate it. all the brands have a slightly different way of fastening connectors and none of them just pull apart. unless it's a bullet type.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Without a pic, I cant say for sure, but there will be a tab somewhere locking it together. Once unlocked, it will pull apart easily.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Get good and drunk. Then maybe the connectors will get easier to pull apart.

while using a flathead screwdriver.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
Soak it with WD-40 first in case the tangs and shell are sticking (likely if it isn't budging)
Then closely follow Jaybo's advice!

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
nah these are a plastic connector type that will break if you forcefully try and separate it. all the brands have a slightly different way of fastening connectors and none of them just pull apart. unless it's a bullet type.
They look like bullet type on eBay but it's true it's Harps here. Gremlins may have rewired it to some 1950s style self destructing bakelite.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...75UauHHJDbigKJ-YH4DQ&ved=0CDgQ9QEwAg&dur=2441

just pull that tang out gently while pulling the connector apart.
Ohhh I remember when I changed my SV signals to LED I had to do remove those plugs...If I remember there was a special combination of holding your tongue in the left side of your mouth while squinting with the right eye and squeezing or lifting with .509 lbs of pressure on the tab..and swearing at least 4 times....I think I just cut mine...they were corroded together....

or do what SSblade says

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts