BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure if this is in the right place so apologies if it isn't.

Any guy's on here from Victoria Vancouver? I'm flying out there in February for a week to get a feel of what it's like there as i'm going to be immigrating there from the UK with my family this year. What's the bike scene like too and where would be the bestplace to buy a bike in Victoria as i have had to sell my R6 to help with funds for the immigration. Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Mike.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
HAHAHAAHA! S'alright man.

Better you post at 4 am, and not phone us with these requests :laughing

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
While this forum may have a certain "flavour," of it's own, you're stepping into Canada's premiere motorcycling environment.
Best year-round weather, and between British Columbia, and points south, world class riding roads.
Also, high insurance, sometimes brutal law enforcement, gridlock traffic in the urban areas, and what appears to be a traffic engineering system that may have evolved from following ancient elk migrating routes.
Yer gonna luv it here!

·
Oyi!
1,108 Posts
Just read all posts by Skydivesonic and you'll get a feel of this bike community. Oh and maybe you'll develop a taste for Buttar Chicken too!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While this forum may have a certain "flavour," of it's own, you're stepping into Canada's premiere motorcycling environment.
Best year-round weather, and between British Columbia, and points south, world class riding roads.
Also, high insurance, sometimes brutal law enforcement, gridlock traffic in the urban areas, and what appears to be a traffic engineering system that may have evolved from following ancient elk migrating routes.
Yer gonna luv it here!
Hmmm,suonds just like the UK lol,only,when you guys have summer time,it really is hot. Looking forward to it!

Mike

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
Welcome!!!! post up when you arrive....and keep you eye here on the forums for rides.... and there is an island riders site as well for meeting people...

can let you know of the caribbean societies here as well....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome GM.I actually sold her this morning and i didn't realise how much pain it would cause me,I actually felt gutted. She was my first bike and i'll deffinately have another!

Mike

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Cool to have you on board Mike and :flip :flip :flip Welcome :flip :flip :flip

BTW you can Tonge my balls when you get here!:laughing

Lookin forward to some rides with you soon.

·
"Missing a few pieces!'
549 Posts
Errrm,did I say something wrong??

Mike
Nah he's just trying to be funny.

Victoria is on the island, as I'm sure you know, and Smogcouver is on the main land.

Welcome. There is a shit load of riding and a shit load of riders around here. Our traffic and law is no worse than yours, trust me I've seen both. Your roads are narrow and twisted, while most of ours are wider and more gentle, there are the obvious exceptions but OVER ALL you'll find the riding here less technical. this is just my opinion and I'm sure there is a whole fucking line of key board warriors just drooling to prove me wrong ...........
anyway, do post up when you land for good and I'm sure there'll be tons of dood that'll hook up for a boost.
If you make it into the okanagan (where there are real back roads ha ha ) pm me and the Crew and I'll put a ride together.

peace out.

9 1/2
"Missing a few pieces."

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Just read all posts by Skydivesonic and you'll get a feel of this bike community. Oh and maybe you'll develop a taste for Buttar Chicken too!
That guy's english as well. Wouldn't trust him at all .....

I moved to Vancouver from Plymouth middle of 2005 - biking here is good, but you'll definatly have more wear on the middle of your tyres (that is how it's spelt - you listening Canada???). Roads here are just way too frigging straight. No speed cameras like every 200 metres in the uk though. Weather's a little better than England though :) So where are you moving to? Victoria or Vancouver?

edit: Welcome to bcsb !!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts