BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,168 Posts
yes, but... there are about a dozen 'old-timers' I guess you'd call them... and that's it. 'modern' riders seem to prefer to post up on facebook, to live with a minimal attention span, and to join the ephemeral fog of electrons that come and go. a very few others prefer to continue discussions for more than 10 minutes. you'd be welcome to (re)join!

· backslider
11,400 Posts
Hey ... oh ya!!!
Maybe this forum may become 'reborn' (born again?) after all ....

· Registered
6,500 Posts
There is a possible secondary situation regarding the vast reduction in online traffic at BCSB forum. Yes, Facebook has taken a lot of traffic away from the forum. Yes, most of that on Facebook constitutes information fluff, like questions on the best route to ride from Richmond to Langley for a day ride. But I think the reduction in specific interest in the sportbike category of bike has been going down, as more riders move to ADV bikes with what could be superbike power 10 years ago, and more than capable handling, in way more usable and comfortable package. Yes of course there are diehards, that’s very cool. But a simple view of Moto GP, WSB and US superbike following reduction shows the picture very well. This reduction in following of the superbike category in general directly affects a forum like this.

· backslider
11,400 Posts
Awe shucks (looks down with melancholy while kicking at some dust ... we need more old timers with balls (and joints that aren't made of titanium replacement parts)!!

Anybody know where St. Nick is these days?

· Nite Rider
1,753 Posts
Good Old Pete... <Takes a long drag from a smoke>... There's a name that I haven't heard in a long time.

Reactions: Steve G.

· Been there, Wrecked that!
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,271 Posts
We're still here, somewhat.

Reactions: Steve G.

· Registered
8,341 Posts
Good Old Pete... <Takes a long drag from a smoke>... There's a name that I haven't heard in a long time.
Shimmer …… <takes a lungfull off a full bowl> …… there’s a name I hear far too often.

· Wanderer of the Wastes
6,900 Posts
Hello <UID:#855>!

Perhaps you are interested in <advertisement:#205129>?
I have much previously purchased <itemID:987877> for a nice great price and will purchase from <sellerID:814> again!

<BCSBot:#999718>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts