BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
(newbie)
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Here is my plan. I am considering purchasing a carbon fiber oval hindle silencer from a buddy and mid-pipe and header from the hindle factory. My buddy is unsure of what bike the canister is for. Does anyone know of hindle canisters are generic and fit all hindle headers and mid-pipe or if the silencers are based on the bike model, or mid-pip model? The silencer in 22 inches in length, oval, and has loops for springs to attach to the mid-pipe.....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Red Neck Bastard
144 Posts
A 22 inch silencer DAM thats longer than,,,well it's realy long.
I don't see why it shouldn't work, unless it came off something realy small,
like a 400cc and you want to put it on a 1000.
Good luck with that.

·
Gear whore
2,922 Posts
hindle makes generic silencers I believe. Best bet is to call or email hindle and ask. as long as it is a newer can, it should be good.

·
(newbie)
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks called hindle done........unfortunately the silenced is 2.25" inlet and hindle only makes a 2" midpipe and headers for my bike....so thats sucks...will have to buy everything brand new, whcih is $$$ for such an old bike

·
(newbie)
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awsome thanks guys, I ended up buying the silencer for 100 bucks...which is a damn sweet deal, so hopefully i will be able to get a reducer and everything will fit with the hindle high mount header and midpipe kit for next season... :) ive been waiting so long for a high mount carbon fibre exhaust for my baby.......here is a pic of her in case anyone is interested

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
good looking can. i just shortened my Yosh. now it be crunk!!

·
(newbie)
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet how do you shorten a can anyway, I was thinking i might have to shorten this one if it is too long soo that it flows better with the line of the tail section.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
You need to take off the end bells and then cut the inner perforated tube and the outer carbon one, redrill the holes and then put it back together.

Not really hard but the carbon needs some special care to avoid tearing out fibers. You want to cut a shallow scoring cut all around first and then finish cutting through. Marking it CAREFULLY with a wrap of paper around the outer tube so that it lines up with itself at the wrap ensures that your cut line is square across.... you cut at the end fo the paper obviously..... or maybe not so obviously... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts