BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Because your current staff are clueless amateurs. Only idiots can fuck up a production site so many times in such a short amount of time.

Thanks in advance.

// edit - okay, I take that back. DDOS is a whole different animal from what I thought was going on. You guys aren't clueless amateurs... well... maybe that one guy from Ontario that didn't show up to pub night.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
It seems a little weird that a company that buys forums & hosts sites cant keep a site up for 24 hours at a time!

·
Administrator
298 Posts
Mark here, I'm one of the techs.

The attacks against bcsportbikes.com (and they are against this site, from the logs from our provider, and from our guards) have been 135gb/sec in size. We're mitigating the attack, but that's why you saw the site flapping today.

If you have any questions let me know.

Mark

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
It's not just today. The site used to have the odd downtime but since you guys put your hands on the stick it has been nothing short of pathetic.
I know nothing about the tech stuff but I do know it's at the point of wishing you all a Merry Christmas and goodbye!

·
Administrator
298 Posts
Last weeks' attack (on Thursday) was also targeted at bcsportbikes, for anyone who's interested.

The logs of the attack, including the source, have been collected and passed on to both the FBI and RCMP for remediation.

Mark

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
How to kill a forum.

Step 1: Sell forum to forum conglomerate.
Step 2: Watch as new owners can't can't keep site up.
Step 3: Membership declines as forum is unavailable sporadically.

Seriously you guys can't keep a little regional forum going? WTF? Attacks? This isn't the NSA's or FBI's site, what would be the point of attacking a regional sportbike forum?

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So someone is DDOS'ing BCBS? Lmao. Yeah, I'm sure FBI will give a shit about a Canadian website, owned by a Canadian company and hosted in Canada...

·
Registered
633 Posts
So someone is DDOS'ing BCBS? Lmao. Yeah, I'm sure FBI will give a shit about a Canadian website, owned by a Canadian company and hosted in Canada...
USED to be Canadian owned and Hosted. Now though... not so sure.
I'm sure this is all because of being bought. Never had problems before.
Must be the 9thgencivic guys mad that we all ended up there.

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
Last weeks' attack (on Thursday) was also targeted at bcsportbikes, for anyone who's interested.

The logs of the attack, including the source, have been collected and passed on to both the FBI and RCMP for remediation.

Mark
WTF someone is purposely trying to fuck the site up? Crazy. LOL, well... you can send them to my place, I've been trying to setup my own
forum and can't figure out how to change the phpbb logo on my own without making a mess.

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
I had to google fu that just to figure out what ddos meant... seriously, someone is launching cyber attacks to screw up bcsb?

You know... I can see it. There's enough weirdos on this place. Maybe it's reverse psychology. Sell the site, cyperattack, then shut it down
and we all go to 9th gen civics or stromtroopers or something.

Imagine someone cyber assaulting this forum, that's pretty lame. Maybe the moderators are pissed off they didn't get xmas gifts...

WHo knows, I'm sure inspector cluseau is on the case.

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
Maybe it's Kim Jon Hun or whomever, and it's in response to the Shed of Doom. This is their method of attack, to down the site that mocked their construction process.

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
Mark here, I'm one of the techs.

The attacks against bcsportbikes.com (and they are against this site, from the logs from our provider, and from our guards) have been 135gb/sec in size. We're mitigating the attack, but that's why you saw the site flapping today.

If you have any questions let me know.

Mark
What the hell does 135gb/sec size in attack mean anyways? Someone is shooting information at this forum or trying to log on with so many accounts the thing just melts down? I don't get it.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
USED to be Canadian owned and Hosted. Now though... not so sure.
I'm sure this is all because of being bought. Never had problems before.
Must be the 9thgencivic guys mad that we all ended up there.
I'm pretty sure BCBS is currently hosted out of a tiny little company in Toronto: http://www.prioritycolo.com/ // edit - whoops, that's just the parent company. BCSB is on the east coast of US. Linode VPS?

I guess they were playing around with ACLs earlier - that would explain the Forbidden errors I was seeing...

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What the hell does 135gb/sec size in attack mean anyways? Someone is shooting information at this forum or trying to log on with so many accounts the thing just melts down? I don't get it.
It means there are thousands of computers hammering the servers hosting BCSB and requesting 135GB of data per second. Enormous amount, servers can't keep up, ta-da.

I'd bet BCSB isn't the target, but rather the servers/company.

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
It means there are thousands of computers hammering the servers hosting BCSB and requesting 135GB of data per second. Enormous amount, servers can't keep up, ta-da.

I'd bet BCSB isn't the target, but rather the servers/company.
The whole thing just is weird to me. I just heard sirens in my office, but it was gangsta rap. I'm not jumpy. Hahah!

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
I'd laugh if it was someone from here actually doing it, and they get caught and we find out who. LOL! Province Newspaper headlines... some disgruntled member who goes cyber nuts.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Using BlackLotus for DDOS protection? How's that working? (Genuinely curious, not being my usual sarcastic asshole self.)

1 - 20 of 117 Posts