BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep, my vdub got hit while i was on the ski hill. the only sign of the vehicle that hit me was some tire marks and a tailight.

the rcmp officer figures its a write off for sure. bummer, these cars are becoming pretty rare these days...

im going to make my claim tommorow. this is my first so does anyone have any tips on reaching a reasonable outcome with icbc?.

recognize this tailight? (its not much, but i thought id assign the bcsb'ers on the case so i can figure out the make and model)

its weird because i thought they hit me with their front end but the lens has white in it so it must be a tailight. probably a pickup/suv, but who knows...

thanks in advance for some help.
dan

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What kind of fucking cunt fucks someones car up that much and just drives away?

Arsehole.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
pre 2Kx SUV/pickup.

·
Born to sweep.
611 Posts
I guessed GMC pickup.

Then googled 2004 gmc pickup rear

And here you go:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
r1100s said:
I guessed GMC pickup.

Then googled 2004 gmc pickup rear

And here you go:
thanks dude. id say that looks pretty damned close. im almost sure the vehicle was red. im no expert but i cant think of any red gmc/chevy pickups of that era. are there??

nice guess r1100s and good on ya for the research.

·
Hurtin Albertian
72 Posts
Looks like the taper of the red don't match up. Look in the bottom right of the "evidence" photo, the red tapers, to be replaced by Black...in the Chevy photo, it does not...Possibly Tahoe though? Cuz when I seen the light, I thought 99+ Chevy, or, possibly Isuzu...

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Toyota pickup...tundra perhaps

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
I dunno....this is a Sierra 04 light, not quite the same...its missing the black trim.

Its definitely not a tundra.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
It is missing the trim in your image Revelations but the shot of the Sierra's truck taillights in r1100s' post looks like black trim to me.

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
CSI goes BCSB! Good luck pal...I have had the joys of H&R several times.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spike said:
CSI:BCSB

Surely someone in ICBC's accident investigation department could identify this...
the bigger question is why would they bother? it's a hit and run claim no matter what, and dradonich is going to get hosed one way or another.

if they determine that it was a hit and run, they may defer his deductible, but lowball him on the payout.

they could come back and say it was pre existing damage and refuse to pay out at all.

remember, we are talking icbc.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
doug said:
the bigger question is why would they bother? it's a hit and run claim no matter what, and dradonich is going to get hosed one way or another.

if they determine that it was a hit and run, they may defer his deductible, but lowball him on the payout.

they could come back and say it was pre existing damage and refuse to pay out at all.

remember, we are talking icbc.
In a Hit and Run your deductible still stands. They would have wanted $750 from me but they caught the bitch. At least that's what I was TOLD.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wow that sucks so badly. What is wrong with society today? Someone hit my saab in the Kwantlen parking lot a few weeks back. Damage wasn't anything like that, but I was fuming just because they drove away. Hope you catch the guy. And beat him into a pulp.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
BCSBCSI...... = 1994-00 Mazda Pickup (oddly enough a Ranger has different tail lights)

The angled corner gave it away.

Now youve narrowed it down to only 5,000 vehicles :p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so ive done some sluething today, after finding out about the lovely 750 dollar deductable.

ive compared the lens to 3 or 4 99-2004 pickups and the lens is really damned close, but is just off by a centimeter or two. (around the yellow signal)

its so close that i think it must be a chev/gmc product, possibly suv, blazer or something like that. the one tahoe i found didnt have the same stuff.

as PS94 said the taper also isnt there.

got some weird looks from people around town and a couple guys wonderin what i was doin to their truck. haha.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
-insert corny csi punchline here-

woah. thanks revelations. i just noticed your new post. looks like we have a winner.

nelson is only pop 10,000 and i know its red, so at least i have something to work with. possibly someone from out of town though...

time to do a drive by of the town street by street.:laughing

could it also be a ford ranger? arent they the same as the mazdas in that era?

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
I didnt even notice you were in Nelson, that'll help a bunch!

Like I said in the post, Rangers have different tail lights for some reason.

93 -97

1 - 20 of 28 Posts