BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a hitch carrier, like the one pictured. Anyone have one like it, or know where to get them locally? Thanks.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
I think one of this sites sponsers might help you E&H hitch i think is the name...other wise check out crappy tire or princess has rear carriers that might work...I know there are heaps of them in the back of most dirt bike magazines...or Go to a bike shop and see i they can get it in for you ...try 5th gear or pacific yamaha

·
Registered
442 Posts
From the looks of those pictures, look like it only works for dirt bikes.
It'll bottom out if you push your sportbike on there.

There is a place on W.4th, Rack attack or something like that.

D

·
0 Posts
888 said:
There is a place on W.4th, Rack attack or something like that.
rack attack was next door to carter coq as well. not sure if either location is still there.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rack attack near W. 4th is not there anymore (it was right beside Nic's garage), but I believe the one beside Carter Coq. is still there. Thanks for the ideas, I'll check them out.

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,335 Posts
Capacity is limited by the design of the carrier and by your actual vehicle hitch. Class 4 or 5 I believe is 500lbs so some sport bikes would be too "fat". You'd also want some better strap attachment points for a heavy bike as it would take out the back of your ride if you need to get on the binders hard.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you go to any of your local dealers there are two brands they can get. One is called Boss. Distributed by Kimpex the othe ( i don't know the name) distributed by Northstar. ( the Acerbies people)
good luck
Eddie

·
Registered
518 Posts
re: hitch carrier

Give Dean Brandt a call at Reflex supplements in Lougheed mall, i think he has a used one for sale.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Janet

I had one made for my trials motorcycle at SeaLand RV in Richmond. Ask for Marty as he is the wizz at these things. Had it made in 98 and still using it. Just took my bike to Kamloops on the long weekend and it worked perfectly.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
I have a friend interested in one of these for her newly aquired CRF230.

Anyone have an idea on what they cost? It doens't have to be too heavy duty since it is a small bike and the tonque limit of her Nissan Xterra is 300lbs.

This may not work then as the bike is about 240lbs. It doesn't take long to get to 60lbs with steel.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
5thgear said:
We make our own with a double point hook up . Lot stronger and no flexing
Would it be within the 300lb tonque weight, including a CRF230 Bill?

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
gixxer_76 said:
You sure the receiver hitch is only rated to 300lb tongue or the bumper as a hitch is 300lb?
I am not sure. I didn't look at it myself. She told me that when they installed it she was only allowed to put 300lbs on it.

I am not sure what Class receiver it it. I will look at it next time I see her truck and determine the tongue weight then.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I builtmine to come off from the ends of a hitch . This way you get 2 points to mount into and the bike doesn't flop around . It's lighter this way and you can fold the ramp to fit in a trunk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts