BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Livin' la Vida Loca
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, that's a Honda? And a lotta competition for the FZ6!

Upside-down forks.......ohhh!

...but is it me or does this thing look a little like a V-Max?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Defiently Sexy:rockon

Im hoping they break out the CBR1000 motor to take over for the Honda 919 (know as the CB900 Hornet). But i love my 919 but what i could do with an extra 30 hp :devillook Really hope they keep the dual high mount exhaust:coffee

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Offer a more significant fairing on it, and it would give the FZ6 a run for its money. But naked like that, it's just another naked bike that'll leave you covered in rain and bugs at the end of a ride.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I'm thinking the plastics / race rep crowd here may be turning to the naked side. Everyone knows riding or getting ridden is more fun naked.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
My Z1000 leaves me covered in the same amount of bugs as the ZX-9R full faired bike. So that's not much of an argument.

The only factor is wind blast when you're wearing a bulky set of riding gear. Then a better screen helps a lot at higher speeds to avoid the parachute thing.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
If anything it's a cross between a Z1000 and a ER-6n front fairing.

·
Livin' la Vida Loca
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ROUND HEADLIGHTS DAMMIT!!!
whatever happened to ROUND FREAKING HEADLIGHTS?!?!?!?!?!
:laughing
Uh, there always the previous version....

·
Livin' la Vida Loca
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quoted from Motorcycle Daily

"Perhaps the most telling aspect is the use of an engine derived from, and developed in parallel with, the engine powering the all-new 2007 CBR600RR sportbike -- the most advanced supersport engine ever manufactured by Honda!

As you can see from the photos, the styling is rather dramatic. The die-cast backbone aluminum frame is also entirely new, and it has attached to it a new swingarm. New, lightweight wheels contribute to an overall weight reduction of 12 pounds for the bike.

The Hornet will be available with an optional ABS braking system."

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
ugh looks worse than before.

·
Look up, Way up
82 Posts
Hope so. Local honda told me it wasnt coming into NA for 07? I hope hes wrong.

Its on the european website.

You think theres any way to get rid of the "spine" underneath that seat? When I picture the the bike without it it looks fuggin wicked.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
the gauge pods and headlights need a bit of cleaning up, but otherwise, very nice. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
...You think theres any way to get rid of the "spine" underneath that seat? ......
Are you talking about the rear fender where the plate and turn signals mount? Yeah you can do that with a fender eliminator. A far smaller bit of sheet metal that you mount the turn signals and plate to it.

I'd like to see the headlight from the front. If it's as "bug like" as the Kawi ER-6N then it would need a quick modification. But other than that I could find happiness with one of these. I love the short muffler.

PS: never mind, just looked at the pics again and I see that you're talking about how the undertail sort of looks like it's floating under the saddle instead of being smoothly integrated. In that case I doubt there's much to be done since the brake light is located in the end of the lower horizontal part of the tail.

But if you installed a cargo rack on the back just behind the saddle it would help to visually tie it in and give you someplace to lash down some stuff in a tail bag.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts