BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a naked bike. Really like the 599 style, and would like some feedback from those who have ridden them.

Thanks in advance for your info!!

"GET THE SNAKES OF THE [email protected]!"

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Haven't riden one but have heard good things about them. Engines are really durable.
If I'm not mistaken it's the old CBR600 F3 engine in there, just not as revy.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
I've ridden one. It's a great bike. Good power, comfy, reasonably priced and looks good... I see no reason NOT to get one.

I prefer black.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I've ridden one as well. Nice smooth power. Comfy. Low stand over height. Dead reliable as well.

There is one for sale on this forum as well and unlike Scott I don't like the black. The black I believe is a flat colour and it just doesn't hold up to any abuse IMO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of the Bike Mags reviewed/compared six 600cc bikes in ummm...July issue I think? Cycle Canada maybe? Left my copy in Vancouver, but maybe someone on here can point you to the article online...

Honda 599 had some pros and cons, but bottom line, if I recall, was a thumbs down...and most pricey of all compared. Parts and repairs also more $ compared to Suzuki and Yamaha, but not as bad as Kawi...

Suzuki SV scored better, Hyosung got the biggest thumbs down.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
I rode one last year. A fun bike, light, nimble, great for bombing around in the city. Pretty gutless in the low rev band though, but kicks in quickly once you get to about 7k rpm. Didn' try it on the highway.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Rode one briefly a few months back - nice bike. Easy to ride, smooth. It has the F3 engine, so it's not TOO up to date, but still good !!

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
That is true, espcially as the 919 isn't that much more expensive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
599 Rocks

599 is quite frankly... Awesome. I rode my friends 2003 R6 and it had an advantage in cornering (as any sport bike would but not by much!!!) but lost in comfort, slow maneuvering and more importantly, speed. The 599 is faster low end and wait till you hit 9000 (red lines at 13) - No contest.

I've put on about 4000 Km's since April - only negative is that this bike seems to be very sensitive to gas. I have never had a problem using Chevron 92/94 but any other comparable grade (Shell, Petro Canada, Esso) has a tendency to cause an intermittent stall. Not sure why but has been tested repeatedly...

I just bought a pair of Belstaff gloves and am looking to upgrade my jacket and boots - Any suggestions? I have a 2006 Black 599.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
599 is quite frankly... Awesome. I rode my friends 2003 R6 and it had an advantage in cornering (as any sport bike would but not by much!!!) but lost in comfort, slow maneuvering and more importantly, speed. The 599 is faster low end and wait till you hit 9000 (red lines at 13) - No contest.

I've put on about 4000 Km's since April - only negative is that this bike seems to be very sensitive to gas. I have never had a problem using Chevron 92/94 but any other comparable grade (Shell, Petro Canada, Esso) has a tendency to cause an intermittent stall. Not sure why but has been tested repeatedly...

I just bought a pair of Belstaff gloves and am looking to upgrade my jacket and boots - Any suggestions? I have a 2006 Black 599.

What's with the pic?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I love the look of the 599, classic, timeless, naked look. Only downside that others did not mention is that it is a carbureted engine vs fuel injection, older engine and older technology. C'mon Honda, stop using old engines in 2007, lets get with FI! And as others have mentioned, the most expensive in the class (FZ6, SV650). If you get a used one, that might factor out this aspect out. I also believe that the 599 is the smallest in terms of all 3. The SV650 naked is a very good alternative, it is a bit taller, similar look, FI V twin engine and I believe it comes in black. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
:rtfm cause i think you should run on 87, check the manual.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts

I personally prefer the Yam, for style. Plus the wind screen will assist in comfort at higher speeds.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts