BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
no venting on the discs??? And what is all that gadgetry around the front sprocket?

G

·
i don't think that's the final version of the bike. the belly pan doesn't look like it can hold any oil at all.

i bet the first rider complaint will be how hot his left toes get.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Yah, a V4 race bike again. IMO, the V4 is one of the best engines ever built by Honda.

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
i think that might be Noriyuki Haga...a sick bike (eventhough i am not a honda fan) but a long wheel base hey? have we seen any specs in regards to torque, hp, weight?? and have we seen any other 800's i would like to see Aprilia and Kawi

·
1,768 Posts
Wan't the whole idea of the 800cc to slow the bikes down for rider safety? One of the comments says the bike was on a 1/2 second off the pace of the 990cc GP bikes. That's not much slower...

;D

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
No way that's Haga, you think they would let Yamaha riders test out the new dev bikes? That's gotta be one loud bike, looks nice. Honda sure can build 'em.
What's with the carbon trim in front of the front sprocket?
Also the rider's wearing a shoei lid and Kush leathers. Haga currently wears Arai and a-stars. Bike's numbered 26 and he's 41.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,221 Posts
Who's that riding? Sweet helmet graphics!
Oh you didn't know? That's me silly, it's a part time gig I picked up on the side :laughing

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you look closely, the whole body is carbon fiber
that much is obvious. I believe the question was what's the purpose of that specfic carbon bit.

so.. who knows? As Doug stated this is a prototype the bike should likely be changing quite a bit before it races next year.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
And what is all that gadgetry around the front sprocket?
Perhaps part of the traction control - which i believe tracks the difference in speed between front and back wheel and adjusts accordingly.

FWIW, Neil Hodgson in the AMA race on the Ducati at Road Atlanta (I think) had the rear tire spinning 13% more than the front tire at 185 mph! The things you find out re: telemetry.

Yah, a V4 race bike again. IMO, the V4 is one of the best engines ever built by Honda.

I think their 800cc V-4 puts out a little more horsepower than mine! The V-4 has a long race pedigree and should sound awesome too!

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
or possibly block heat?
that's my guess.

Who's that riding? Sweet helmet graphics!
Crash.net reports that the Honda test riders are Tady Okada and Gaku Kamada, so it's one of them most likely.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts