BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, looking for a battery supplier for my 03 CBR600F4i (usually takes the yuasa ytz10s) that will have something in stock, tomorrow (sunday apr 22), im dying to ride.

Went out to ride today and it was flat dead. Push start didnt work, it was too weak to pick up (which i thought was odd). Jump started it and it ran, but as soon as i disconnected the jump cables, it would die. Is it likely that my charging system is messed, if this is whats happening? I read the thread here quickly: http://forums.cbrworld.net/forums/140473/ShowPost.aspx

which explains the charging system, and leads me to believe that either the rectifier is hosed, or the bike just doesnt like being disconnected from power if the battery is absolutely gonzo (no clock on the dash even!)

Started it in december, but must have died over the winter. Never had a battery change so i suppose its time anyhow, which is of course the reason for the thread to begin with. I was gonna pick one up from carter motorsports but they arent open on sundays :( :(

Please do let me know if you have any suggestions, I'll be in both downtown vancouver, and in poco (And everywhere in between, getting from a>b tomorrow, to go pick up my bike)

Thanks!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried both of those today (in poco). Crappy tire said theyd have to special order the sealed gel battery, and the lordco i talked to didnt have any, i may try calling around other lordco's. I dont care how far i have to drive to get it, i just want to ride!!! :p

Thanks for the suggestion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts