BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a view of this...

Pretty tempting review. Anyone thrown a leg over one or have thoughts on it in relation to other current litre bikes?

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One comment in the vid that has been made which gives pause, is the seat.

Fortunately, Rich's Custom Seats still seems to be in business. They have moved a few years back to a penninsula across from the Seattle area. Looks like there is a ferry from Edmonds that will take you close the shop in the town of Kingston.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Very, very nice. It's a lotta moola but what the hay.
Japanese quality and reliability any day of the week.

·
Registered
6,221 Posts

MCN's Micheal Neeves gives an,,,,,,interesting perspective on the new CBR.

Rich's Custom Seats actually has a B&B at his place, to do an overnight with custom fitting seat.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very, very nice. It's a lotta moola but what the hay.
Japanese quality and reliability any day of the week.
Yes, shortly after I posted, I thought, "Oh better check the price on that baby!" It is soo bloody tempting though. Probably, the last time I will buy a superbike before they put me in the infirmary with a drool bucket, so might as well go out big. However, I will have to get off my Covid butt and scare up some extra freelance work which I am already working on.

And, thanks Steve for the tip on Rich's B&B. Think the last time I was there was around 2005. I will have to watch that video you posted.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good video Steve. Not sure what to think at this point. I self-admittedly have a bad attitude about the legacy of certain brands and the cost of servicing. I may be proven otherwise over time. It is certainly worth watching this video if you are thinking about getting a new litre bike but it creates more questions than solid answers, at least tot me.

There certainly isn't a lack of decent choice.

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Good video Steve. Not sure what to think at this point. I self-admittedly have a bad attitude about the legacy of certain brands and the cost of servicing. I may be proven otherwise over time. It is certainly worth watching this video if you are thinking about getting a new litre bike but it creates more questions than solid answers, at least tot me.

There certainly isn't a lack of decent choice.
Incredible choice. And no denying Honda build quality, I have 5 Honda’s. It does seem as though they have tuned the new engine where the power it way at the top, which for me would be a pain in the ass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts