BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free Fresh Tip Of The Day :

Go to SportMart and buy yourself a set of running shoes. For every ~4lb you lose, you'll gain about 1hp.

Why do people do all this crazy/expensive shit to their bikes to shave off 2-3lb, when you can do it via a bit of cardio and some diet fixes?! You'll feel better too :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure if I put bike on a diet then I don't need to...:laughing

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
:laughing :laughing :laughing

I know! You overhear these guys talking to the salespeople at some of the dealerships..."So this Ti exhaust will save me 5lbs over the stainless steal one?" And the guy is this huge 300lb fat-ass...he would probably be better off spending that cash on a gym membership, then he could probably knock off 15-20lbs of wet weight. :D

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
LOL!!! HAHAHAHAHA:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh man.. i tried really hard to on diet to have better weight to hp ratio....
but very difficult.. so i decided to shave my hair, leg, under arm, no under wear, no visor, no sticker on bike. always have gas light on...etc... will that work any more quick methods??? all suggestion are welcom...
hahahahaha... jk....:D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've heard that any weight shaved below the suspension is worth 20 times weight lost above (at least with cars) which explains why lighter rims are so damn expensive...rider weight has little to do with it...dont know if t's true with bikes, but car racers seem to agree:)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
absolutely right light rim is one of the key for acceration.
let's talk about physic. rotational force and mass.
think about it...
u have fixed amount of hand power.
u need to push a 5lb wheel and 50lb wheel.
which one is easiler to push and faster???
u figure it out....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts