BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has Trudeau met, exceeded, or failed your expectations?

He met my expectations and more but not in a good way.
I'm loving how he has his teet caught in the wringer.

·
Registered
904 Posts
for the most part he has totally met my expectations :rockon

before he was elected I expected him to be an arrogant entitled trustfund libtard from quebec. he has done fantastic proving me right so far ..... the part I never saw coming was his total support for terrorists ?!?!?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Met expectations. No politician ever gets done all the things they promise, even if they actually want to do them. The heady promises of a campaign always come up hard against the reality of government. The liberals have moved the needle on a few good things, and done some disappointing things (I didn't want to own a pipeline to prop up a dying industry). If you go looking for the perfect politician you'll alway be looking.

Someone said on Twitter they'd vote for a used condom before they'd vote for Sheer, I tend to agree. Can't believe I would ever miss Harper but here we are...

Anyway my riding is strongly NDP with a pretty decent MP.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Met expectations. No politician ever gets done all the things they promise, even if they actually want to do them. The heady promises of a campaign always come up hard against the reality of government. The liberals have moved the needle on a few good things, and done some disappointing things (I didn't want to own a pipeline to prop up a dying industry). If you go looking for the perfect politician you'll alway be looking.

Someone said on Twitter they'd vote for a used condom before they'd vote for Sheer, I tend to agree. Can't believe I would ever miss Harper but here we are...

Anyway my riding is strongly NDP with a pretty decent MP.
I hear ya. I'm unimpressed with the other choices as well.

What burns my butt the most about Trudy is all the money(our money) he gives away in order to buy a worldwide reputation as a great humanitarian. What has he done for the poor in his own country?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've always believed that we all need to be Canadians. All playing by the same rules and paying the same taxes. If we continue to pay and pay and pay for crimes of the past where will that lead us? *Let's be real the natives had this land and our ancestors took it. *Are we going to give it back? *How many apologies and how much money makes right the wrongs of the past? *At some point the past is the past and a country should have rules that all of its citizens have to abide by. Does someone who has a different heritage than mine, the same age as me born into this land in this country have more 'right' to it than me? *We need to move on and be united as Canadians. All treated equally.*

I can't help but just shake my head at all the stupid shit that goes on nowadays. *

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Unemployment rate is currently the lowest it's been in 20 years....
industry i'm in currently, (and have been for 4-5 years) is reaping the rewards :thumbup

just about every trade we come in contact with is having a hard time finding the right people to fill positions... and there are many

its incredibly tough (believe it or not) on those already out in the field, & it shows no signs of slowing down either.. :canadian

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've always believed that we all need to be Canadians. All playing by the same rules and paying the same taxes. If we continue to pay and pay and pay for crimes of the past where will that lead us? *Let's be real the natives had this land and our ancestors took it. *Are we going to give it back? *How many apologies and how much money makes right the wrongs of the past? *At some point the past is the past and a country should have rules that all of its citizens have to abide by. Does someone who has a different heritage than mine, the same age as me born into this land in this country have more 'right' to it than me? *We need to move on and be united as Canadians. All treated equally.*

I can't help but just shake my head at all the stupid shit that goes on nowadays. *
Equality. The backbone of our constitution and any democratic society. How the hell did we get where we are now? Something ain't working. Time to get back to basics instead of bending over for every religion, minority, and special interest group. It's been downhill ever since Quebec got "distinct society" and all that implies added to the constitution. That was a Conservative ffck up if I remember right.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
We need to move on and be united as Canadians. All treated equally.
Yes exactly. Unfortunately we are still decades away from this. We need to keep pushing until everyone is equal (which cannot be measured by white heterosexual cis men), and that will involve repairing damage done in the past.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
for the most part he has totally met my expectations :rockon

before he was elected I expected him to be an arrogant entitled trustfund libtard from quebec. he has done fantastic proving me right so far ..... the part I never saw coming was his total support for terrorists ?!?!?

He has met my expectations as well. And my reasons for expectation success follow the same lines as you. I must say I am very disappointed looking at his cabinet, that his "gender inclusive righteousness", because it was "like 2015" has been thrown all off and tilted. i'm very disappointed that this hasn't been rectified "cause it's like 2019".

I have huge concern that the Liberal brain eating pathogen continues to spread unchecked, that many still fawn over this POS canoe paddling "born millionaire don't need brain cells" entity. It is perhaps too late for a medical breakthrough to save society, now that the pathogen has infected universities, schools, using staff as the main carrier, guaranteeing a multi generational future of single brain cell sheep.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
What's amazing is the traction of the scandal - it actually sticks here - whereas if this was the US, it would be outdone by no less than 3 of Trumps' daily scandals before *breakfasttime*, which just seem to slide right off and onto the pile. (It's a biiiiiiiig pile now, ever growing)

Can't trust voters, can't trust politicians. Systems rigged, & society has caught teh dumb.

Not just libtards steve, Conservatives are fucking retarded too (even moreso, imo)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yes exactly. Unfortunately we are still decades away from this. We need to keep pushing until everyone is equal (which cannot be measured by white heterosexual cis men), and that will involve repairing damage done in the past.
Unequal treatment will never lead to equality. Ever. *Natives are the superpower of the special interest groups. At some point the past is the past and it becomes history. Move on. I'm not looking to pay to support someone's heritage of times bygone. If it can support itself great. If it can't it becomes history, read about it in a book. I think the whole act of 'repairing damage done' just precipitates the problem endlessly. The way to true equality for everyone is by treating everyone equally, not living in the past. You can call me a middle class white male all you want. It affects me not, I don't embrace the great white guilt.

I'm not looking to pay anyone back for shit I had nothing to do with. Shitty things happened in the past, time to move on. Easy for me to say, sure. Easy for anyone to say except when there's dollars and cents on the line. Trudeau could apologize all he wants, what everyone is actually interested in is money. That's how repairing the damage done in the past actually happens. Money money money.*

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unequal treatment will never lead to equality. Ever. *Natives are the superpower of the special interest groups. At some point the past is the past and it becomes history. Move on. I'm not looking to pay to support someone's heritage of times bygone. If it can support itself great. If it can't it becomes history, read about it in a book. I think the whole act of 'repairing damage done' just precipitates the problem endlessly. The way to true equality for everyone is by treating everyone equally, not living in the past. You can call me a middle class white male all you want. It affects me not, I don't embrace the great white guilt.

I'm not looking to pay anyone back for shit I had nothing to do with. Shitty things happened in the past, time to move on. Easy for me to say, sure. Easy for anyone to say except when there's dollars and cents on the line. Trudeau could apologize all he wants, what everyone is actually interested in is money. That's how repairing the damage done in the past actually happens. Money money money.*
I may have a little more empathy for the natives. They were bombarded by an advanced civilization and have yet to catch up. Culture shock. Is it an injustice to make them stand on their own at this point in time? I think "reserves" did more damage than anything else. They should have been welcomed and integrated into society instead of always being separated.Pretty sad for sure. Hindsight and 20 20. How do you fix shit now ....keep throwing money at it?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I agree with that. They got fucked over. But what better time to start than today with integration? *It doesn't seem there's any focus or pathway to true equality in what I see in the news and our politicians doing. It seems the path is towards further alienation, propping up reserves and traditional lands I guess is the more PC term nowadays.* natives are not going to be able to live a traditional lifestyle on their traditional lands. That just the brutal reality of the day and age we live in.

I have family that are native, I go out to the local Westside First Nations reserve quite often. Not just to ride my bike on Westside Rd. It's*not like my head is stuck in the sand.**To me they are just people like everyone else regardless of colour, heritage or whatever. I live my life treating everyone as an equal, always have. Paying for the past like so many want to see continued and amplified is IMO racism and I want no part of it.**

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
What's amazing is the traction of the scandal - it actually sticks here - whereas if this was the US, it would be outdone by no less than 3 of Trumps' daily scandals before *breakfasttime*, which just seem to slide right off and onto the pile. (It's a biiiiiiiig pile now, ever growing)
the big media mad machine up here gets tired of bitching about US politics they have no effect or control over.

so of course everything gets blown completely out of proportion and the opposition has no troubles yelling "impeachment"...

they're literally just trying to get a little more attention imho. A lot of the bullshit that gets tossed around is a none issue.

Gender bias has a shit tonne to do with it.. I try to turn a deaf ear to most of it.. but i do shake my head at how fvcking dumb the population is.

They all automatically crave to turn this into another reason to prop up the ME TOO mentality. Guilty regardless of validity, it is the age of the interwebz after-all..

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with that. They got fucked over. But what better time to start than today with integration? *It doesn't seem there's any focus or pathway to true equality in what I see in the news and our politicians doing. It seems the path is towards further alienation, propping up reserves and traditional lands I guess is the more PC term nowadays.* natives are not going to be able to live a traditional lifestyle on their traditional lands. That just the brutal reality of the day and age we live in.

I have family that are native, I go out to the local Westside First Nations reserve quite often. Not just to ride my bike on Westside Rd. It's*not like my head is stuck in the sand.**To me they are just people like everyone else regardless of colour, heritage or whatever. I live my life treating everyone as an equal, always have. Paying for the past like so many want to see continued and amplified is IMO racism and I want no part of it.**
Well said. You make a lot of sense.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
culture shock is a very good way of putting it..

its confusing enough coming to canada as an immigrant, where technically some of us came from developing nations..

constantly beating up on more recent generations of 'canadians' aint gonna do shite for natives and said troubled history.
In case folks have missed it, we're built by the generous donations of other nations, Canada is a country of Emigrants.

I do agree we seem to be getting further and further away from true equality in an effort to apologize for it all..

how many modern family lines even have any direct link to Canada's troubled past? a lot less than most people suspect..

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I agree with that. They got fucked over.
That's an awfully nice way of saying "cultural genocide" and worse.

The policies of this country did (and still do) inflict a trauma on an entire people. And when you have trauma to your body, you don't just remove the source and get on with your life, do you? You need to treat the results of the trauma. Why do you think the natives (as many prefer to be called) are overrepresented in the homeless community? In the jail system? This country kneecapped generations, and we need to deal with it. And if you don't like paying for it, consider that an underhoused person is far more expensive to this society than an adequately housed one.*

I actually used to think kind of like others here; why not just move to the city and get a job? Why live in the middle of nowhere? Then I learned more of the history, and my wife started working at the Carnegie centre and learned a lot more, as most of the people she works with are native. Fully integrated, equal participants in society is a great goal but we can't just say it should be so and be done. Consider that Jody Wilson-Raybould refused the Indigenous Affairs ministry because she is against the Indian Act, the law of our land; obviously we still have a long way to go.*

1 - 20 of 33 Posts