1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
got tired of waiting for ferries.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
got my 1st dirtbike when I was 8 or 9. I was scared of it cause I couldnt reach the ground with both feet. haha

I would also go with my dad who has a 76 kawi 900...i would beg him to do wheelies.

T

·
0 Posts
I was 11years old and waiting for a bus on 49th and main when I heard VRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and then saw a bike fly past me...It all started right then and there.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
Crashed all my friends bikes growing up and at 15 I bought my Yamaha 550 enduro tank, The Black Bomb, which I crashed on the test ride and that was it I was hooked!

The rest is statistical history :p

·
Permanently Out to Lunch
346 Posts
I was 8 years old when my uncle took me for rides around my Grandma's yard on Geal road in Richmond. Fell in love with riding right then and there.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Sehner said:
I was 8 years old when my uncle took me for rides around my Grandma's yard on Geal road in Richmond. Fell in love with riding right then and there.
Wow, very similar to my story. My uncle took me for a couple rides around my grandma's on River Rd. in Fort Langley when i was young, and loved it since.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Grandfather, in Europe (whom I had never met) was always astride a motorcycle or his favourite, a Lambretta.
When the "bug," hit me in '72, my folks didn't so much as raise an eyebrow, just wanted me to wear good gear and be prudent.
Thus, never had to beg for "permission."
That followed to my married years. Never had to ask for a "kitchen pass."

·
Addicted to speed
237 Posts
I rode my uncles dirtbikes and quads around when my age was still in the single digits, and my dad bought a couple dirtbikes a few years later so that started it. I got into street though shortly after my buddy got a sportbike, I had to have one.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
My dad has been riding for 25 years and has given me many rides on the back when I was little. I've been on two wheels since I was a tot. Used to ride BMX stunt at the local skatepark everyday. Got a dirtbike at 16. Got my first streetbike ('94 CBR F2) April of '04. Bought my '04 RR last September.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well,

I haven't grown up yet....
I don't have any friends....
I'm too young for a midlife crisis....
I'm definitely not bored of cars...

So, I guess I’ve always likes bikes... and finally I got one...

G

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
I was about 18 with no money but wanted to be free.

Ok ok it was a different time in the late 80's early 90's.

·
565 Posts
Around 1980 the first "minibike" turned up amongst my chums. It was a brand new red Honda XL100 - ish I think. All I remember was the bright red paint and the chrome spoked wheels sparkling in the afternoon sunlight. It was so new there was barely even dust on it yet, let alone mud and dirt. We were all drooling big time. Then by 1981 several of my classmates in junior high school had small dirtbikes. When my two best pals, Kevin and Todd each got one (both XL185s) I couldn't hold back any more and by the next spring, of 1982, I got my slightly used '79 XL250. After a year of offroading it I got my license and insurance on it the following year; 1983. The rest is history.

·
who farted?
525 Posts
When i was 9 or so and I was in Italy, when my dad's friend pulled up on something Black, we were all going out to dinner and i asked if i can go on the bike, after that i was hooked but until now had no funds to get one.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Always wanted a bike, but waited until I could afford to have both a car and motorcycle. That took until I was 26. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
I always wanted to dirt bike when I was younger, but my family and myself couldn't afford it. And I always thought It'd be fun. When I turned of age, I started looking for bikes but the price and availablitly of sportbikes up north wasn't very good, so the next time I had the money and a local opportunity arose I jumped all over it like fleas on nuts.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts