BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will sound stupid, but my bro isn't here to show me how... laugh all you want,

but how do you take off the seats of the bike? Do you just pull at it, or is there a secret?

Its a '94 Suzuki RF600.... (I can hear the laughter....) :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
'04 R1 - You are mine!
1,697 Posts
I belive you have to lift the corners and stick a wrench in there (there is a bolt on each side)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
ussually there is a key lock for the seat....now if your seat is one piece then it will just be a matter of unlocking the lock with the ignition key and you will be able to take it off....if the seatas are separate then the rear one will come off with the key and you might need some tools to take off the rider's seat....hope it helps...

What are you trying to do ? or get at ?

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
In addition to the seat lock, some (older?) bikes may have latches to release as well. My 1989 RZ350 had a latch on each side, under the bottom of the fairing, beneath the seat. (Kinda hard to describe.)

·
Registered
246 Posts
stick your key into the helmet lock and turn right.. that will release the see... to release the passenger seat.. flick the switch when the main seat is taken off.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
hey evo-blade, what kind of a CBR900 is that ? single sided swingarm ? retrofit ? oem ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
my avatar is the evolution fireblade.. modified oem blade.. tweaked to the max!! Too bad I don't got $$$ to do the same on mine!!!:(

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
In order to take my seat off in my old CBR F2, you had to take off both tail fairings, unscrew two bolts and them lift the seat off.

On my kawi, you turn one key and it clicks open.

I don't know how your RF will do it, but I'm guessing that there will be some sort of key latch, much like my Kawasaki.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts