BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the last 2 days i have met 4 riders that have never heard of bcsportbikes.com. for one i wrote down the links and mentioned to her to check it out for group rides and for racing n stuff, as she did her schooling with action. she rides an sv 650. the guys i met today (tiller and a kawi) i just said check out the site for group rides.

when you meet someone that has never been here what do you tell them to get them to check it out?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I usually yell loudly at them through my helmet "www.bcsportbikes.com my handle is Xyban"

except it ends up being a few lights travelling together before they clue in to what I mean :p (the good thing is since I'm shouting I know everyone else around me can hear as well)

Cards are better - maybe adamantium could share some with us :p

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I normally introduce myself first and shake a few hands. It normally makes everyone feel a little more comfortable. I then tell them that bcsportbikes.com is a website designed with the sportbike rider in mind. We have several forums that are great resources and groups of us get together frequently for group rides. Once you mention that you had 20 or so riders out the previous week, you've peaked their interest. I also mention that the site has only been up and running for 8 or so weeks and now has a base of 240+ members and is growing everyday. Buy the end of it, they're generally interested in joining. I try to stress that its a little community of sportbikers:) .

atom

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Just what atom said, but I give 'em a card so they don't forget. :p

Can you all have cards? Sure.

I've got to go get some more printed. Anyone have any hook-ups in this area? It cost me WAY too much for the first batch (like $80 for 300)..

·
CrazyAssFlip
787 Posts
adamantium said:
Just what atom said, but I give 'em a card so they don't forget. :p

Can you all have cards? Sure.

I've got to go get some more printed. Anyone have any hook-ups in this area? It cost me WAY too much for the first batch (like $80 for 300)..
Hey Adam, if we have 240+ members as atom said, why don't we all chip in for it? i don't mind doing that ($1.25 each) just a suggestion....:D

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Dano, the logistics of collecting such a menial portion of money from everyone is silly. I wish it was easier, but it isn't.

Hopefully I'll have some more donations come into the site. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wysiwyg printing. i think its on 12th. they do dirt cheap cards.

·
CrazyAssFlip
787 Posts
adamantium said:
Dano, the logistics of collecting such a menial portion of money from everyone is silly. I wish it was easier, but it isn't.

Hopefully I'll have some more donations come into the site. ;)
hey man, i'll be more than happy to give a donation into the site. how do i that ?:)

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, if you do get some more cards printed bring some along for me.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We usually get dirt cheap printing thru Office Depot, and your cards are a simple 1 colour print job, which I'm sure they can do.

Other option is just to set up sheets that you could photocopy on an as needed basis, on card stock, and then cut them yourself. Very easy , dirt cheap!

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
I meet most of these guys while on the highway, so I just pull up beside them, and point down at my bcsportbikes.com sticker, and they always give me a thumbs up afterwards :) :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
I meet most of these guys while on the highway, so I just pull up beside them, and point down at my bcsportbikes.com sticker, and they always give me a thumbs up afterwards :) :)
Now THAT's the way you do it people. :rider

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
We usually would go and chat bikes over a few cups of coffee. After that, I urinate on the sidewalk..."bcsportbikes.com".

They usually don't forget it then, however, I haven't seen any of them on the site...hmmm.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Canadian_Gixxer said:
same way i do it...dont know whos signed up after seeing it though...would be interesting to know

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I just usually tell them to go check it out.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
i just pull up beside them at the light and tell them bout it, told a dude called HEY DUC but he hasn't replied yet..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts