BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

What state of tune is your bike in? And why?

• Rare - Bone stock

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Medium Rare - Flush mounts/slip on/windscreen/CF covers

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Done - Re-valve forks/aftermarket shock/race tires

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Well Done - "done" plus race glass, slicks, internals etc

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
As with with my steaks...med-rare. Just enough and a little bit more:D . Also..thats pretty much what I've done minus the CF.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Usually rare but with buying a pre custom painted bike and getting a deal on the full exhaust and the carb tuning to restore the crispness I'm moving quickly into the "medium" category that you forgot. I may even be close to stepping into the "done" category when I install the K&N and the adjustable ignition advancer.

Medium- Full exhaust and engine subsystem mods needed to support these, appearance alterations such as powdercoating or polishing to wheels or frame.

Oh, and the F2 is already in the "done" category with full system, carb rejet and needle tuning, K&N, Racetech fork springs and retuned oil, F3 rear shock and lots of "if it ain't needed cut it off" mods.

G

·
0 Posts
thats why i bought this thing it offers nearly everything i want in a sport bike,brakes and suspension could be better but its more than enough for street riding,the intake noise is cool also.:thumbup

J

·
0 Posts
Rare, 240 KPH top end is enough for me :) and the noise from an aftermarket pipe sounds cool when your cruising, but quickly gets REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING when you're commuting on the bike.

X

·
0 Posts
My bike will remain stock until its final days.. has enough power for me on the street :)

G

·
0 Posts
Once I street the race bike it will be in the "Well Done" catagory but my next street bike will be "Done" with CF bodywork.

Of course I won't be running slicks but I will be running Pilot race tires.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
like it rare, but then one thing led to another and now have flushmounts, integrated rear, yosh slip on, NRC race generator cover and that's about it....

·
Registered
872 Posts
im not into bikes for the flashy show bullshit like flushmounts or wacky paint or chrome this polished that. Im really only into aftermarket performance parts like exhaust, lighter rims, suspension mods, engine work, cams etc... shit that'll get you around the track faster.

·
Registered
193 Posts
medium rare. i bought the bike that way, with smoke screen and bolt-on pipe. it had flush mounts before too but i replaced them with the stock flashers. i feel safer when people can actually see my turn signals.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hmm...I like it just a little over med-rare. Some clean appreance mods and a nice sounding full exhaust with a properly set up stock suspension would do it for me.

I'm into the practicallity of a bike. Sure, the looks are important but I really need to have some utility in there too.

If I were to ever buy a GSX-R again, I'd probably get some heli-bars and corbin seat. Hopefully the hardcore gixxer fans would forgive me.

T

·
0 Posts
I like them 99% stock. I've been riding since 1974, and I cannot begin to tell you folks how much better today's bikes are. They are incredible pieces of engineering; its components made to work as a unit. Remember that General Motors ad slogan, "Keep your GM car all GM...." To some degree, I believe this applies to today's motorcycles.

With that said, I've always left my bikes nearly stock. By that I mean the only additions are a tank pad to protect the paint, and maybe better grips, if needed.

As an example, my current scoot has a bolt-on Vance & Hines SS2-R pipe -- this is the first time I've had an aftermarket pipe. The prevous owner installed it. Were it an obnoxious "neighbour waker" muffler, I'd go back to stock. But it's actually pleasant and not too loud at all. I'll keep it; it looks and sounds better. Besides that I have a magnetic tank pad, and I had fairing sliders installed. Otherwise, the unit is stock. I just don't like the common sportbike mods, like fender eliminators or flush mounts. Reason is I like the bike just the way it looks from the start -- if I had to make all sorts of cosmetic mods to fit my taste, I'd just buy a different looking bike! Besides, flush mounts don't have nearly the visibility to other drivers as stock turn signals.

And NEVER do I tear into the engine. It's not a race bike; it sees more of BC 99 and I-5 than anything else. Realize that I sold my previous bike with 188,000 km; the one before that had 160,000 km; the one before that ... you get the idea. I have no doubt my current bike will see over 200,000 km. I don't mess with the engine and mechanicals since I want the bike to last a long time -- I ride about 32,000 km yearly.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
i love all sportbikes, rare, medium rare, dont matter, I just love the sexy curves of the bodywork :)

D

·
0 Posts
medium rare.....if my bike becomes more prettier than i am, i don't want to ride it

·
BBQ Squadron Member
2,739 Posts
working on it.... will probably be sill working on it if you ask again later... can never do enough

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Make it well done, it is getting there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts