BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

how leathers should fit

2K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  geebutbut 
#1 ·
I just picked up my new leathers today :D and am just wondering about the fit. The jackets fits good and so do the pants, but when they're zipped together they're pretty tight length wise. I'm a pretty tall guy and am wondering a couple things. are they going to stretch? My second thought is to go to a seemstress place and get like a couple inch strip with zippers on top and bottom, in effect giving me a bit more length with the suit. Any help wound be appreciated

-arai-

the boots come tomorrow and then I'm ready for good weather ;)

#2 ·
Whatdya get man?

I'm about the same height as you, so I don't think that's the issue (havn't tried on some leathers myself).

Most leathers (espcially 1pc) are designed for the riding position and not for standing straight up, I think only Dainese currently makes a set that allows you to stand up without straining the goodies. :p

#3 ·
heheh maybe it'll be ok then, I got the teknic silverstone 2pc, its a pretty sweet suit, didn't realize it was perforated till I got it though, will be a little cold for the first little bit.

-arai-

#4 ·
Wheredya get it? How much?

I think you'll thank yourself in the Summer though, I was hot as a mofo last summer in just jeans and a light leather jacket (non-perf). And if you ride in traffic at all, you'll know what I mean, even a slight breeze is supposed to be nice with perf. leathers.

BTW, what kind of pants were you wearing when I met you? Or were those just some funky cargo pants? I didn't get a good look at them but I assumed they were some kind of motorcycle gear.

#5 ·
I got it at modern (broadway & commercial) for 799, pretty good considering the ones I was looking at at rms were gonna cost me 1200. Yeah last summer I got stuck on lionsgate a couple times, jeesuz that's a pain. The pants I was wearing are downhill mountain bike/motocross pants, I had on my hard armour under them. Its not leather but I think it would protect me if I went down, but now I dont have to worry cause I've got leathers :D

-arai-

#6 ·
arai said:
heheh maybe it'll be ok then, I got the teknic silverstone 2pc, its a pretty sweet suit, didn't realize it was perforated till I got it though, will be a little cold for the first little bit.

-arai-
Just wear a rain jacket over top for the first little while. I've got a perf jacket and that's what I did. Cozy warm in there with the rain gear over top and cool as a popsicle with the wind coming through the perfs when it gets warm.

I'm a perf'aholic these days..... :D

#10 ·
I got the red/white ones with teknic gloves and some sidi red/black boots. Can't wait to try these out... err. I mean... ride upright with these on :D

-arai-

#18 · (Edited)
I got them at modern. Aaron always seems to give me really good prices. I just checked the reciept and it was 329.99 for the boots, I think he was going to give me the chrome ones for 349

-arai-

oh yeah the model is the vertibra. Its not the super top of the line one, might be last years stock? Still a great looking boot

#23 ·
leather fit

I could use more info on how leathers should fit too, I have a 2 pc suit which fits pretty good as far as my unedumacated self can tell but as for 'properly'.. I could use a complete run down on that subject.

My main concern is the pants, they are a little long in the leg but otherwise nice. The knee armour is a little low even when bent, but slides up when I put riding boots on and seems to mesh better then. Is that a good fit or just a lucky one that won't hold up when getting torqued around by a 100kph me-meets-concrete skid?

#25 ·
i too am a tall rider . i bought a two piece Rs Taichi. the suit fits great , i was concerned about the saggy bum ..i was told by a few salesmen , that the ass should be a bit baggy as you stand, but will conform as you are in the riding position, fok they were right . the suit is meant to be ridden , not walking around posing ,,lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.