BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kelsey.....
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
without causing problems? I'm looking at a 2000 929 with 17000 kms, hasn't been ridden regularly since the end of the 2004 season, and has had no maintenance or storage procedures done. It was ridden around the block in sept of 2005 and put back into dry storage.

Opinions?

I couldn't find any related threads, please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I think it will be fine. You can be zealous and replace all the fluids, but unless it's been stored outside near Whistler, leaning up against an old barn, I wouldn't hesitate.

·
1,768 Posts
Have a dealer do an inspection for you if you're serious about buying and concerned about the condition of the bike...

;D

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I second BigRed's recommendation.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Trendkiller said:
without causing problems? I'm looking at a 2000 929 with 17000 kms, hasn't been ridden regularly since the end of the 2004 season, and has had no maintenance or storage procedures done. It was ridden around the block in sept of 2005 and put back into dry storage.
Dry storage is good. Ridden around the block once in a while (presumably to "warm up the engine") is bad. Probably not bad enough to walk away from the bike though. It's only been two winters.

I'll recommend that you take it to a dealer for a checkup too. It's money well spent, and if anything is found you at least have a list of what might be needed and probably an estimate as to what it will cost.

M

·
0 Posts
yep, new batt, new oil, and id suggest new rad flush.( lube the chain!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts