Votes: 10 20.0%
  • 4+ Years

Votes: 13 26.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody i was just wondering how long did u have to wait until you finally got a motorcycle? I guess starting from when you first decided you wanted to ride. Whether it was because of money,time, consent etc. Thanks.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
it took be about a year of looking around before i found the perfect bike, or the one that felt best to me.
so look long and hard before you get one.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
depends on when you would say wait.... I waited my whole lifetime to ride :laughing

but from the time I decided... to the time I got my lessons then my bike... it was 5 days..

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
I watched world superbikes for years before i actually got onto a bike and got my licence.

·
Registered
875 Posts
It took me about a year. Originally I had to wait until I moved out, because my dad wouldn't allow it. But things changed, and I bought my bike in May. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Got my class 6 six or seven years ago now and am just now working on buying my first bike in time for the new season. Luckily my wife has never given me grief for wanting to ride, but my ('our' after the wedding) finances was a huge reason for having waited so long.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Had a job when i was 16 , bought the bike on mon. got learners on wed. paid on fri. picked bike up on sat. all good .

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
i was 5. i don't remember the exact time from want to ride but then 34 years have passed by so who would remember the exact specifics.

·
Born to be WILD
2,495 Posts
I got my brand new bike before I even pass my class 6 roadtest...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've wanted to ride my whole life. Finally got my learners in september, started riding my friends bike, and just got my first bike about a week ago

·
565 Posts
It took a couple of years to 'chip away' at my parents' entrenchments.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi everybody i was just wondering how long did u have to wait until you finally got a motorcycle? I guess starting from when you first decided you wanted to ride. Whether it was because of money,time, consent etc. Thanks.
My Dad sold motorcycles when I was young, so I started riding at 11 yrs old!:)

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I can't remember a time that I didn't want a motorcycle. Got my first ride on my uncle's minibike when I was 12 and that just made my resolve to get one that much more solid. When I turned 18 and didn't need a parent/guardian's signature to buy a motorcycle, is when I got my first one. So, in reality, it probably took about 13 years to get one, figuring that I was likely around 5 or so when I knew that I wanted one.

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
I was making stupid money when I came out of highschool so within a few days of deciding I was getting a dirt bike I had one in the basement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts