BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wear boots on a casual ride?

or better yet what's everyone's habit on wearing boots?
all the time? once upon a time?

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
I always wear *some* kind of ankle protection. Doc Marten boots or street/hiking boots in the past. But that's only for city stuff. On the highway it's gotta be proper motorcycle boots.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
im gonna buy me riding boots.
better with em..

dropped my bike last week (laid it down semi-gently) but the footpeg scratched my foot just above my ankle.
ouch.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm always in full gear on the street (leather and kevlar pants and jacket, and boots). I just don't feel safe without it...

my 2 cents

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i always wear my boots.even on a milk run to the corner store.ankle took a hit from a rock once,didn't tickle

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have a pair of stone ridges that I bought specifically for riding. U can walk with them alot easier and they shift fine and everything. They don't look as cool but then again, they don't stand out as much either. I can wear them to work where you need to dress a appropriately.

I took my riding boots to the car show this year and thats when I found how that riding boots lick for walking. For the last half of the night, I was walking like a cripple that had been raped because stuff was diggin into my foot.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I always wear boots as well. You'd be surprised how vunerable you feel when you don't wear your gear once your use to it. My riding boot are easier to put on than anything with laces....one zipper and a little velcro :D .

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
....running shoes.....

I know, I know, shut it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always were my boots as well. I just went to the Army Surplus store and bought combat boots!

They work great, and are really confortable, although not stylish.

-dn

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I wear my riding boots probably 95% of the time. I wear them to work too...just keep a spare pair of dress shoes in my office so I don't look like a big dork walking around with bright yellow/black boots with big sliders sticking out of the toes. I don't find them as uncomfortable as Jason though...but then again, I'm not a big pussy. ;) :laughing

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got some great riding boots at the Aldo Outlet on Granville Street. They're BIG boots, and go about 6 inches above the ankle. I never ride without all my gear now. Once you do it a few times riding in jeans seems like a weird idea. I still can't believe I see sportbike guys riding in groups in jeans/t-shirts and running shoes.

I think my favourite quote from my Action course some years ago was something along the lines of "crawl around a parking lot on your hands and knees and then decide how much protection you think you'll need".

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I always wear my boots when riding.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I wear casual skateboard type running shoes. Im stupid and lazy.

For track days at mission or any road races courses I wear a full boot.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I ALWAYS wear boots, but they are just hiking boots, not the fancy racing boots I see a lot of people wear. If I could afford a pair of Sidi's or whatever, I would wear them all the time for riding. They look pretty comfortable, and you could stash some sandals or runners in the trunk of your bike--OK, maybe only a few of us have trunks that big! :)

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Spent all my $$ on the bike.. :( No money for boots YET...:rolleyes

1 - 20 of 38 Posts