BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im new here!!

I'm in the market for a used bike and was wondering how much do the smokin joes f3 go for these days....if anyone knows of places that sells good used bikes or sites I can look at ...I would greatly appreciate it..thanks :D!!!

L

·
0 Posts
buysell.com has one
i think the guy wants something like 7300

it's a 96

check it out
im not sure if that's a fair price or not

B

·
0 Posts
i sold mine for $6700 with full yosh system, new tires and 14000kms on it...it seemed to be the going rate, but i sold it at the end of the season

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya thanks ...i saw that one...but thought that might a little too much for a 96 bike....thats why I asked you guys :D

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
Too much $$$

That Smokin' Joes at $7300 is too much. Keep looking, you'll find something better or the same bike for cheaper.

I had a F3 (although not a SJ's) my first year of riding, which was 1999/2000. It was a '95. I bought it for $6,500 and it had no visible damage to it, little did I know that it had been raced in the past, but that's another issue altogether. Anyhow, friend of mine just traded in his SJ's (mint!) at Pacific Yamaha a couple of weeks ago and I think he got $6,500 for the trade, I'm not sure, Digi would have more exact info. on this.

Anyhow, bottom line... $7,300 is too much for a '96, in my opinion. You can buy a new F4i for like $10,000. Why would you buy one so old (technology is much improved) when for only a bit more you could get brand new?

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Re: Too much $$$

R1 GIRL said:

Anyhow, bottom line... $7,300 is too much for a '96, in my opinion. You can buy a new F4i for like $10,000. Why would you buy one so old (technology is much improved) when for only a bit more you could get brand new?
I agree that it may be a bit overpriced, but if they are in demand you may not find many cheaper. The Smoking Joe's are not very common, although perhaps not very rare either.

And R1 Girl, while I understand the logic of spending the extra for newer technology on a bike, not everyone can afford the $3000 difference it takes to make that upgrade, nor is it really necessary. Bikes are basically all old technology anyway, FI has been in cars for years yet only recently has it been hitting the two wheeled market.

Everyone has their own priorities, I guess I am saying I would rather buy the older bike, but some great gear, pay for my insurance and rider training, and maybe do some mods--all for less than the newer bike. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya since this is my first bike.....im not sure if i wanna get a brand spanking new bike yet....even tho im really tempted :D

but back to the topic.....does anyone know of good places to that sell used bikes on the net or in the vancouver area? thanks

B

·
0 Posts
you're best bet is just the buy and sell ...gotta keep checking it and a deal will come around...gotta be quick though cause there's lots more like you looking for a bike:)

·
Nutrition guy
1,315 Posts
My wife bought a 96 Smokin' Joe as her first bike from Carter Honda in Feb. It had 10k on it, absolutely mint with new tires, carbon Yosh, jet kit and hugger. It was a bit much but a lot of people wanted that bike the day it was traded in. The guy who brought it in used to work for honda and wanted an RC51. I happened to be there just as it was traded in and I put a deposit on it and good thing I did because if I didn't buy it that day there was a lineup of people wanting it! I showed to my wife and she freaked because that was the bike she really wanted. I laughed at her when we were looking at CBRs on the net because i told her I had never seen one and good luck trying to get one :laughing We ended up paying 7200 which was a bit high but what the hell it was basically new. Good luck to you on finding one.. you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts