BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And which shop do you guys recommend? I am in Burnaby, and Burnaby Kawasaki just quoted me $106 to patch the rear tire, which seems very expensive. Tire has just a few hundred km. Essential Motorcycle Services quoted $20 to plug the tire with a "Japanese plug", said it's much better than the plug we found here. I understand that patching is much better than plug, but not sure about this Japanese plug.

Tire is Dunlop Roadsmart 3 and bike is 2018 N1K, if that matter.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I never heard of a Japanese plug. For 20 bucks it's likely just the regular string variety. I want my flats repaired with a mushroom plug which requires the tire be dismounted.
I pack a string kit for roadside emergency repairs until I can get it fixed properly.

Good choice of tire. Been using them for years.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Over the past decade, I've had to repair two rear tires just using the 'string' thing. They both ran full normal lives after that, including excursions above 200 kph. Full confidence in the 'economy' method, from me...

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Buy a Stop n Go plug kit. They use a rubber mushroom type plug. I've only ever had to use it once and it was an easy process. I rode that tire on my FJR until it ran out of tread without concern. On my last ride to Newfoundland, a guy in the ferry line next to me decided to pull a nail or screw out while we waited; he also had the Stop n Go kit. Except, he had never even unpacked it or read the instructions until then. We worked as a team and had the thing finished in probably 15-20 minutes.

Reactions: Steve G.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts