BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

There is someone who knows how much time it will need ICBC to settle my claim, after the dark waiting 30 days, in case of stolen bike?

Thank you!

·
Registered
787 Posts
well if you are referring to amount of time that icbc takes to settle your claim after your bike is stolen....they usually settle right away after the 30 day is up.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huck-jai said:
well if you are referring to amount of time that icbc takes to settle your claim after your bike is stolen....they usually settle right away after the 30 day is up.
Yes, I'm referring to that period of time. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
30 Days provided that you can prove that you are innocent of stealing it or having it stolen yourself. If they think you did it, it could take a lot longer than that.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
30 Days provided that you can prove that you are innocent of stealing it or having it stolen yourself. If they think you did it, it could take a lot longer than that.
How do they determine whether your bike is stolen by yourself or really stolen by thief?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
sprv2 said:

How do they determine whether your bike is stolen by yourself or really stolen by thief?

They ask lots and lots and lots and lots of questions, you need to have all your keys, and they look at you in general, if you owe money, have you had the vehicle for sale, etc...if it is recovered they look at it and make sure that it was stolen and not in mint condition.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
sprv2 said:

Well, for starters it's not good form to be seen riding it while waiting for the claim to go through.......... :flip :D :laughing

·
Registered
465 Posts
And they are good at investigating too !! My friends car was actually stolen. Months before hand, he sold his interior, seats, wheels, misc engine parts he had replaced on the Buy & Sell .. He was arrested at school and some of his friends taken in for questioning by the RCMP =) They were let off and I think ICBC settled 1 year later !!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Digi168 said:

They ask lots and lots and lots and lots of questions, you need to have all your keys, and they look at you in general, if you owe money, have you had the vehicle for sale, etc...if it is recovered they look at it and make sure that it was stolen and not in mint condition.
that's odd...my bike was stolen in march...called icbc...went down...they asked me where i parked it...time...when i noticed it missing...that's it....called me before the 30 days was up to ask about the condition my bike was in. went back two days later...picked up my cheque...they didn't ask me abuncha questions or hassled me....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
huck-jai said:

that's odd...my bike was stolen in march...called icbc...went down...they asked me where i parked it...time...when i noticed it missing...that's it....called me before the 30 days was up to ask about the condition my bike was in. went back two days later...picked up my cheque...they didn't ask me abuncha questions or hassled me....
Was your bike recovered, because you say they called to ask about the condition of it, which if it was stolen you wouldn't know.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Digi168 said:

Was your bike recovered, because you say they called to ask about the condition of it, which if it was stolen you wouldn't know.
no it wasn't recovered...they wanted to know the condition it was in before it was stolen.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did they give you a fair compensation (at least u satisfy with it)? or was it below the market value?

because in my mind, insurance company will never give you a "fair" judgement.

so I dont have a full coverage on my bike since last year

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
sprv2 said:

"Empty your pockets!"

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually for me it was very simple, I found my bike missing, I want to "catch" somebody but the thieves were gone, went with the keys and all to documents to ICBC, they asked me three questions, when I parked, how I locked up, when I found is missing, if I was putting it for sale ?!?!, 4 questions, sorry and I started the waiting game, today I'm still waiting for them to make their jobs, when I had to insure my bike they took my money in the first second, something is not right here. I have a loan on this bike, everybody even they can see that I'm loosing if I'm steeling my bike and where do you put that this bike is my dream, or is too hard for them to understand a guy who don't want to buy a car only because he likes bikes. Sorry, I'll never have a car only because I don't like them, I never had, I was always using two wheels vehicles, or if I will have one it will be only for fun and for track use.

Thank you guys for discussing around my pain!

·
Registered
787 Posts
sprv2 said:

Did they give you a fair compensation (at least u satisfy with it)? or was it below the market value?

because in my mind, insurance company will never give you a "fair" judgement.

so I dont have a full coverage on my bike since last year
well, they gave me 8500 for my 98zx-7r...i think that's pretty fair.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts