BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiousity, what are some ways to clear up the fuel line.

Im just wondering because, I want to see if this is the cause of my bike not being as "flickable" at the low end, or if it's because my pipe needs re-jetting and needle shimming (i assume this too because i have a aftermarket pipe, aftermarket header, but stock jet kit).

Bruce.... any help my F2 Grand Master. :D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Oh man. If you've got a full aftermarket system like that then you really must be running lean.

I'd look into getting a jet kit soon. And while you're at it go for a K&N filter and I'll also show you how to cut down the air box snorkels to get more airflow into the box (not to mention a little more funky intake roar). But then you'll REALLY need a jet kit.

I'm probably going to go for a Dynojet kit unless I find anything better. A stage 1 should do it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMatthews said:
Oh man. If you've got a full aftermarket system like that then you really must be running lean.

I'd look into getting a jet kit soon. And while you're at it go for a K&N filter and I'll also show you how to cut down the air box snorkels to get more airflow into the box (not to mention a little more funky intake roar). But then you'll REALLY need a jet kit.

I'm probably going to go for a Dynojet kit unless I find anything better. A stage 1 should do it.
How much would I be looking for something like this Bruce?

Also, I have a D & D system, do u recommend something in paritcular????

More "roar" eh.... you're getting me excited! :D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Dynojet kit's go for about $120 to $150. But check around with the CBR boards and find out whose kit they recomend. And then get back to me and we can get two of them......... :D

We can even get together and install them at the same time.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say flickable are you referring to the throttle response? Flickable means that a bike is easy to toss from side to side. Flickability would be controlled by the chassis, suspension setup, rake, trail, tires and weight of the bike, not the exhaust or carb tuning. If you are talking about throttle response (how fast your tach bounces), then yes your on the right track. I would definitely install a jet kit and get the bike tuned. I bet you will notice a significant difference. I know that Bomax said that they would install a jet kit for cheap, so when my Ivan's kit arrives I'm gonna head there to see what they can do for me. My throttle response isn't bad, but I'd like to see how good I can get it running before I dyno it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BMatthews said:
Dynojet kit's go for about $120 to $150. But check around with the CBR boards and find out whose kit they recomend. And then get back to me and we can get two of them......... :D

We can even get together and install them at the same time.
alright Bruce! ill check into the CBR boards and call up some shops for prices. Does YOUR F2 have aftermarket pipes?? But yeah, if we can, lets get them installed together... maybe we can get a better deal that way... haha... anythign to save a buck nowadays! :D

VancityR6, i never actually asked anyone about the proper definition of "flickable"... haha.... i just assumd it was the throttle response... my bad.. :D :laughing that is what i meant though. i will give Bomax a shout about doing the jet kit for me (and Bruce hopefully). Btw, how much did u Ivan's cost???? And where did u get order from? :D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
CBR600F2 said:

..... Does YOUR F2 have aftermarket pipes.........
Soon, very soon....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BMatthews said:

Soon, very soon....
Ahh.... good stuff. :D

I spoke to BOMAX this afternoon. Nice guy. Very helpful. (I had to say that so that he'd give me a deal... haha... just joking. :laughing :laughing No, forreal, he never said that) Nice guy, he knew exactly what I was talking about. Described my low end as "hesitant"... which is exacly what it was doing. He recommended that I get a DYNOJET Kit. Said it goes for about $150-$160 for the kit and is about 2 days away Bruce. And he quoted me about $100 bux flat for the install.

He says the kit has everything u need.. needles and all.

So come on Bruce, get that pipe and lets do this. :rider :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts