BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas or hints on cleaning our textile jackets? My red one is getting pretty ratty looking and Sherry's yellow one is getting to look more like a black one. Basic laundry soap didn't touch it.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Good question. I have many bug splatters on mine and have been removing them with a toothbrush, one at a time. Labour intensive, but it works. Hopefully someone has a better method they can share with us. :)

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I've got some "eco-clean" @ work that I'll be trying as soon as I've got time. I think this stuff will do the trick and its color safe. I'll let you know and grab some for ya if it works out.

atom

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
the trick is to buy all black textile equipment :)

atom: let me know if that eco-clean stuff works, cause i'm pretty sure my tourmaster could use some cleaning right about now :)

G

·
0 Posts
I use a 50/50 mix of Simple Green and warm water with a stiff nail brush. Works awesome.

D

·
0 Posts
i am about due to clean my blue suzuki racing jacket. i would almost be afraid of what a hard bristled brush will do to the fabric. wouldn't you expect it to start fraying in places?

G

·
0 Posts
My textile jacket is a Black Joe Rocket ballistic. Seems pretty tough.

Try a small, soft nail brush. I can't see it harming the fabric, actually the simple green does 90% of the work, the brush just gets the bug guts out of the little holes.

Any body else walked into a fast food joint and got right to the front because everybody wasn't hungry after seeing the front of your jacket? ;)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VTR_Rider said:
.....Any body else walked into a fast food joint and got right to the front because everybody wasn't hungry after seeing the front of your jacket? ;)
If it was that thick why did you need to hit the fast food place? I would think just peeling a layer of bug jerky off the jacket would do ya......... :laughing

A

·
0 Posts
cleaning?

Why not fill the tub with warm water and a little soap and hand wash it?.You would have to rinse it out pretty good though.
Washing instructions for my Belstaff Avalon textile jacket are-Hand wash at 30 degrees
Use liquid soap or soap flakes
Do not bleach
Drip dry or tumble dry
Do not dry clean
Do not iron
Now obviously I would have to take out the zip out liner and all the armour.But how hard can it be?...............ken.

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
I don't see why you can't machine wash them.

They are supposed to protect you while sliding down the road at high speed. Is a washing machine as hard on nylon as asphalt?

I have a gore-tex rain jacket that just goes in the machine when needed and it comes out fine.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We'll have to try the handwash and scrub brush thing with some different cleaners.

S&H, she DID machine wash it but the black smudges didn't come off much at all.

D

·
0 Posts
StarskyAndHutch said:
They are supposed to protect you while sliding down the road at high speed. Is a washing machine as hard on nylon as asphalt?
jackets are only designed to do that once.

can't see me washing my jacket just once ever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts