BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 zx6r, and the previous owner has cut/welded the stock exhaust making it shorter and excessively loud.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of tip I can put on it to silence the thing?

·
R6T
281 Posts
with the hassle of finding a tip, rewelding,, or using packing. I would throw up an add in the WTB. im sure someone out there will have a stock exhaust for your bike for a more than reasonable price

·
TeaBagger
542 Posts
Internal baffles in the canister are hooped.

WTB ad for a stock pipe is best option.

Packing the pipe will have adverse effects on back pressure/exhaust flow will it not?

Asking that last question as I have a motorcycle in the same situation.

·
R6T
281 Posts
Depends on the amount of packing i guess. That missing baffle would have disrupted flow and created backpressure aswel. Thats why i suggested the wtb. Easier than guessing how much packing you should use. And if your lookin for a stock can people get rid of them for cheap

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
Packing a slip on will not change the back pressure since your only wraping around a perforated tube.

If your exhaust has had the baffles removed then its a whole different thing to fix.

At Mission they make a cone out of heavy screen and insert it in the end, and you can buy an insert called DB Dawg and put that in, Or go see Bill At 5th and he can re baffle yours for a few bucks.

Or I got a full stock system from my 600 Bandit that you could buy and have that cut up and put on.

·
R6T
281 Posts
Packing a slip on will not change the back pressure since your only wraping around a perforated tube.
He has stock can so internals arent the perforated tube. So packing a baffle design pipe would increase backpressure to a point. Depending how much you stuff in

·
RS Motorcycle Mechanic
130 Posts
look on ebay or call brad at the chop shop - i'm sure you can find one for less than what it would cost to fix ur current pipe.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey I have a stock one for your bike.. shoot me a PM
and I wouldn't know how much a stock pipe would cost.. so anyone??

·
Registered
10 Posts
check ebay ,they have stock exhausts usually or even a cheaper slip on would be better especially with the new loud exhaust laws.it always draws the wrong attention.a cop once told me that they catch us 90% of the time by hearing our screaming exhausts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts