BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were thinking about travelling this route next summer but were a little concerned about the gravel sections of this road, including the infamous "Hill". We both ride Bandit 600s which are not "adventure" bikes. Has anyone else done this road with a street or sport bike? How was it?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
No sweat, even in a Gold Wing.
Bella Coola was a bonus location in the 2003 Iron Butt rally, the Rally Master rode there on her Gold Wing, and many other bikes made it too, including an FJR1300.

Yup, it's a groomed gravel road.
Yup, there's a hill.
Wet will certainly make it more an an attention grabber, but if you can handle the 97 to Williams Lake, and west of there, you are more than qualified to make the rest of it.

Gorgeous country up there, you won't regret it.
(er, unless it pours down rain for days on end.....):laughing

·
Registered
170 Posts
My wife and I were thinking about travelling this route next summer but were a little concerned about the gravel sections of this road, including the infamous "Hill". We both ride Bandit 600s which are not "adventure" bikes. Has anyone else done this road with a street or sport bike? How was it?
jonathanG: we drove Hwy 20 during August. there is only approx 40km of unpaved roads starting from as you enter Tweedsmuir Park, and of course, THE HILL, which is NOT paved. here is a view of THE HILL

it is really not as challenging as others make it to be, when it is dry. it is a great ride, wish we had the bikes, but we also went to Tatlayatko & Chilko Lakes, and needed to use the truck. also on the way back we went through Farwell Canyon and Gang Ranch area:

but you will need a dual sport to drive these roads. this is the junction that takes you to the Gang Ranch. it is approx 3-4 hours (of compacted gravel road) to get to Clinton, BC. the entrance to this road is just west of Williams Lake through Alkali Lake.

bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts