BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Gorgeous out there today. I don't want to start any controversy like last year but I went out lapped the angel falls section and came back home. Conditions are good for this time of year mostly clear of gravel until out past cherryville. When you're heading up mine hill(the double lanes steep hill just past cherryville) there's some gravel and after that there's bits of gravel here and there and lots on the shoulders still. Most of its been blasted off the corners though. As I was having a bite to eat just before my last pass through the falls the sportbike west group came by so it was fun to ride home with a bunch of sportbikes. Pretty chill group of guys. Closest I've come to a 'group' ride.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
LOL .....so you're hangin with the testosterone crew now. Been on few of those outings and they're not for the faint hearted. My drivers license shakes uncontrollably at the memories.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well I had figured I'd have plenty of fuel to make it back and then arrived literally on fumes. Was fun to see the other bikes. I pretty much ride with my wife or solo like I had headed out yesterday. May do the out and back again today if my wife is up for it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I will add as always a bit of discretion is in order if you aren't familiar with the road(like any road obviously) as has been mentioned previously in this thread it's real easy to get in over your head and lots of blind corners etc. Up top there's still the possibility of gravel here and there. But overall the pavement is in excellent condition after the winter I didn't bother going right into Edgewood just through angel falls(7km of tight twisties) right before the big straight stretches before Edgewood turnoff.

Heh maybe I'll run into some bc sportbike riders out there one day?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Heh maybe I'll run into some bc sportbike riders out there one day?
given the US / Covid/ border thing I expect you'll see a LOT of BCSB traffic into and thru the Kootenays this summer. ( by " a lot" I mean, a few, cuz there aren't many 'of us', these days...)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sunday I saw a busa, gixxer, and didn't catch what the third bike was at my local gas station . They had a good chuckle at me I think as all I was missing was flipflops as I rolled in wearing shorts, t-shirt, and motocross helmet to get fuelled up(I live just around the corner)

Today is westside Rd for me. Two birds, one stone. Gotta go down to pick something up this morning

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,279 Posts
Saw a group of 20-30 pirates cruising that highway around 3 weeks ago. It's definitely a fun road.

Last autumn we were coming back from camping and saw a tiny wolf cub along this road. Pure black, blue eyes, really cool to see. Thought it was a dog at first, but after slowing down it was pretty clear that it was not a puppy you want to start petting.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yesterday came upon a fresh motorcycle accident on Hwy 6. It was on the corner heading east where the old spruce grove cafe was thats now for sale. Just before the kettle fsr. Cruiser style machine. Guy got off lucky, appeared to have no serious injuries besides broken nose and facial lacerations. I tell yah, wearing a open face helmet is a real leap of faith imo. And that belief was confirmed yesterday. The guy had just regained consciousness as I arrived and was still in the middle of the roadway. Luckily there was already a ambulance in cherryville so they weren't long. First question he asked was 'did my bike go down?'. Umm yes, that's why you are waking up lying in the middle of the road. Concussion isn't fun.

I've said it a bunch so easy to get in over your head espescially if you don't know the road. Lots of blind and compound corners.

We went right over to edgewood and the beach was nice but it stormed up a bit and blew us back onto our bikes pretty quick. Hitting up the same ride today.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The cruiser guys(especially hardleys) can get pretty pissed off when Jap bikes pass them. Wife and I saw a close call several years ago on that road. Harley dude we passed caught up to us in a construction zone. He passed us in a twisty part only to lay over too far, losing control, but miraculously recovering. He pulled over at the next wide spot to change his shorts I'm sure. We did not stop. I get a charge out of those guys. Glad your guy was relatively ok.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts