BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a question for people WHO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT (please)

I've noticed Hyosung bikes comming onto BC market.
I know nothing about them, but perhaps someone had a chance to test ride some, what's your EDUCATED opinion?

please no 'they're crap' comments unless you actually have experienced the crappiness first hand.

I mean, say what you will, but this looks pretty good to me:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
engine is very simmilar design to SV650 engine, which makes sense because company that makes those bikes designed the engine for and used to make SV650.

Thats all i heard

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've seen the 650cc version up close and I wasn't really impressed. It feels really cheap compared to a SV650 and ( at least in Ottawa at the time ) the price difference was less than $500. For that you're better off getting a Suzuki. If the price gap increases it will definitely become more attractive

G

·
welcome to 2 years ago

hyosung and suzuki have a development and manufacturing partnership, hence the v twin engines being similar, and their bikes looking like the sv. in fact, hyosung makes engine components for suzuki.

they are distributed by national motorsports out of quebec. carter was listed as a dealer at one point, but troy and john had no idea they were even selling them. the current dealer list doesn't list them, and dealers mainly look like they sell scooters. have yet to see a dealer have a bike on the showroom floor. and the pricing, while affordable, isn't so far below the big 4 that it's a super deal.

www.nationalmotorsports.ca

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
We were approached to sell them. There actually good quality not Chinese built crap. Hyosung is a billion dollar company in Korea.

There bringing out a really nice 400cc streetbike next year with a $5499 retail. It looks killer and has some really good write ups. We might consign a couple of those in the new year. I'm very curious about them. Carter only sold there scooter line never got into the streetbikes.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I think Mission Motorsports sells them, and according to the shop owner, the few people who've bought them, like 'em.

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
If you want to go & see these bikes they're sold at Scooter King at #203 - 20560 Langley Bypass (just around the corner in the same building as Holeshot) Tony Ferreira is the owner. Phone 539-9333.

I talked to Tony about these bikes - he won't advertise them because he can't keep enough of them in stock.

·
license to chill
2,877 Posts
I think Mission Motorsports sells them, and according to the shop owner, the few people who've bought them, like 'em.
Yup. When I was shopping at the beginning of this season the guy had some on the floor and wheeled one out for me to sit on. My only comment is that Asian countries other than Japan are traditionally weak in the aesthetic design department, concentrating more on lean manufacturing. Hyundai's at the forefront of changing that but this bike, at the very least, can't be accused of looking bland.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
The ones I look at during the motorcycle show seemed pretty decent.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
I don't remember seeing that cruiser at the motorcycle show, but the SV-650-style bikes did look pretty good to me. They had some cheap components on them, but overall seemed pretty solid.

About the only problem I could come up with was "what do you do when you want to sell it?" When it's a used bike on the used market, people will look at it and say "Hyo- what?"

G

·
http://www.fischer1.com/

The new american sportbike company fischer uses the same engine.
american sportbike? looks just like what you can buy from any one of a number of chinese factories.

i like the option list too. passenger kit, includes seat, pegs, heat shield, all brackets and hardware. $300. brembo 4 pot front brakes. $700. gp front end, including ohlins forks, cast wheels, and brembo brakes, $5000

buy the base bike for $8000, and triple the cost to make it ridable!

wait, it has a plastic gas tank. not street legal in canada.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
american sportbike? looks just like what you can buy from any one of a number of chinese factories.

i like the option list too. passenger kit, includes seat, pegs, heat shield, all brackets and hardware. $300. brembo 4 pot front brakes. $700. gp front end, including ohlins forks, cast wheels, and brembo brakes, $5000

buy the base bike for $8000, and triple the cost to make it ridable!

wait, it has a plastic gas tank. not street legal in canada.
The 77hp American dream - what a joke...:eek:

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Lol, is that a fart can muffler tip on that fisher toys thing?

·
Livin' la Vida Loca
957 Posts
It's kinda hard to really screw up a bar-hopper, ain't it? The picture is a cruiser, meant for washing, waxing and looking kool. You not really looking for cutting edge technology, are you? I mean, the guys at O.C.C. have a high dollar research and development team.
They're known as customers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts