BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ate two little tubs of yogurt that I had left in the fridge a work last week. After topping the 2nd one off, I noticed that the 'best before' date was Feb 17th. But damn, that shit tasted good...no 'funkiness'.

So my question to you is...

Will I be doubling over in about an hour, because I ate some yogurt that was 4 days overdue?

I know you are all very concerned, so I will update you with my status, at least once every hour.

·
I do all my own stunts
3,295 Posts
the only way to fix ur possible food poisoning is to atempt to drink a gallon of milk in 1 hour. This will clense your stomache, and you won't have any problems with food poisoning

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
If you feel your stomach turning just sit still and don't move the gas will go away on it's own, just stay in your cubical.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the helpful hints guys.

I think I'll mix a quart of whiskey with that gallon of milk...if that doesn't help settle my stomach, nothing will.

Hour 1 and nothing too serious yet...just the 'stomach grumblings' Bill has already mentioned. No uncontrolable sweats...well, not anymore than usual.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah yogurt is crazy, they say that yogurt lasts up to two months after the expiry date. But there has also been a few instances where it has gone expired before the date. I ate old yogurt once and decided to look up to find out if i was gonna get sick, and came across all these yogurt forums on how long it lasts. So your good to go man. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
what////
it's only yogurt... i just scoop up teh little molded blob and keep eating...
it's not big deal..
the only thing i really worry about for expiry is milk and soya milk.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i actually put yogurt from the 15th on my cereal last night , i was soo hungry and that vector shit is soo good i couldnt throw it out . woke up this moring with the rumbling stomach , but toast sorted that out right quick. shold be good to go.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Haha 5 days old and you're concerned? You gotta be kidding. The yogurts are ok up to 3-4 weeks after the expiry date. Most things are for that matter.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Note to self: Never accept dinner invitations to Dmitry's house

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
Fuck man I have this cheese at home that was expired end of January and I am still eating it :rockon... Though it is a French cheese and 'aging' adds considerable flavor :p

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Miteorite said:
Haha 5 days old and you're concerned? You gotta be kidding. The yogurts are ok up to 3-4 weeks after the expiry date. Most things are for that matter.
Coming from the country were they bury dead fish for 30 days and dig it up and eat it with cabbage and kill the parasites with Vodka.

I think it's a #4 on at the Mc Cabbage drive thru

·
independent Amsoil dealer
2,295 Posts
I had old yogurt to the other day. She was 65 and can't say much for the smell and test though.:surrender

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
5thgear said:
Coming from the country were they bury dead fish for 30 days and dig it up and eat it with cabbage and kill the parasites with Vodka.

I think it's a #4 on at the Mc Cabbage drive thru
Well, alcohol kills viruses and bacteria and all that other nasty stuff. The nasty stuff can travel/live in your blood stream. So what's the best to get rid of it? :laughing . For example, i had a cold, went to my friends Bday party, got completely wasted (note to self: do not drink bacardi 151 on a dare :eek ), and in 2 days i almost complely recovered :coffee .

PS
Ive never heard of that fish recipe before.

PSS
In Soviet Russia, yogurt eats you.

·
Registered
807 Posts
chromedome said:
I had old yogurt to the other day. She was 65 and can't say much for the smell and test though.:surrender
eeeeewww - man that was BAD! :laughing :laughing

All I do if something's past the expiry date is smell it... if it smells funny stay away, if it smells ok it's fine to eat.... heh, now that I read that it kinda sounds like the same guidelines men may use, if you catch my drift

·
Registered
185 Posts
I put some 3 year old lemon spice stuff in my eggs this morning… not doing so well now, if I start hallucinating I’m going home.

·
Passer of Harps
3,724 Posts
tread said:
All I do if something's past the expiry date is smell it... if it smells funny stay away, if it smells ok it's fine to eat.... heh, now that I read that it kinda sounds like the same guidelines men may use, if you catch my drift
Like when ordering wine, always ask for a taste test first :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts